PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 3rd July 2017

Options

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ive done the kitchen, although possibly not as thoroughly as the list ;) but I've also built a new shoe rack for the garage, and transferred all footwear, cleaned the downstairs loo, including paint drips, and vacced & dusted the LR and I've mopped kitchen and loo floors too.

Groceries put away, lunch had, feet up :T
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Level 1 completed :D
    Prepared melon starter for Old Wives' meal tonight
    Front garden deadheaded :) and DH has put together the garden bench we bought a month ago :o so now there is somewhere to sit while we watch the trains go round the raised bed :D
    Lawn mown
    WMx2 hung out hung out
    Lunch prepared and eaten

Now going out with DH for :coffee: in a nice little Georgian riverside town not a million miles from here :D

Might do some more gardening when we get back...
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 July 2017 at 2:08PM
    Options
    Thank you for the lists x

Ground floor vacuumed
    Master bed changed and laundry done

Visited new salon for a haircut. I need all the help losing weight this week I can get. Total is now 30lbs lost.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK. Better start to the week. DH has found his desk so the 3D printer has moved off the dining room table (It took all weekend to build!) He might not be able to do surgery but he can always retrain as an engineer.

Dishwasher running. As it's destroyed the cabinet already I decided I might as well use it until we get the new one. Surprise surprise our kitchen people went out of business the year after it was fitted. Flea bay here we come.

I managed to rescue my car. I just put in the new bulb and have left the old one to rattle around. DH might get round to taking the bumper off, or I'll wait until it needs to go to a garage.

PT and a run this morning. Going to go for a nap before boxing tonight.

I WILL fly this week. I hopefully go back to work next Monday. Just as well. the pair of us at home is driving me nuts.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Feeling tired, stressed and just bleugh today, had an awful nights sleep. Skipped the gym, just really cant be bothered. Busy morning at the paid stuff, on with job no. 2 now.

Have run around with the cordless hoover, put a load of washing in and cleaned the loos. Will tackle the kitchen when I make tea.

Right .. work to do.
  • rb6ac
    rb6ac Posts: 611 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the lists!

Just level 1 done today but a productive day in other areas... a trip to the recycling centre; have gone through my wardrobe and given some dresses away to a charity shop; lots of washing; and a 32 week midwife appointment. Now off to yoga!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think I am having BD issues still.. DWx2 and that is it.. yesterdays laundry is still in the machine, I have no visible floor and a buried sofa.. x 4 ...

I hate being this useless...

Tried to make gp appointment but she is away for 2 weeks so now I have to ring daily to see if/when they have 4 or 5 available appointments.. 1 for me and 3 for DS3. Looked at private treatment for me too.. I have a few things I must get sorted before the BD will be dead and the NHS is not what these things are for.. I wouldn't want to take advantage.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for the list, Natty - not that I've looked t it until now - will do some kitchen tomorrow (along with my bedroom - will catch up with whatever rooms are around at some point! :D)

Low grade bug hanging around meant I've been a bit washed out today. Did strip our bed after DS3 had an 'accident' in it - 2 loads of washing done (inc the duvet) (most of it now dry), bed febreezed and aired for all day (only a tiny bit got onto mattress through his boxers/ pj trousers/ sheet/ mattress protector - most seemed to be on the duvet...) Partially re-made now - not feeling up to a full remake tonight - but did vacuum mattress before putting clean protector cover on.

Volunteered for 3 hours, came home and made dough for rolls - forgot and left it for way too long on a warm day so threw it away and will make more tomorrow! Did some ironing and took timesheets into work for job 3 so I get paid some time! :) Came home after school run and collecting DD from train station and flopped for 30 mins on sofa (much needed - was very grumpy with kids in car) - then fed kids, sorted some washing, filled dw and ordered PE kit for DS2 for new school (£82.50 for the 4 compulsory items!! - there are another 6 optional items as well!! :eek: :eek:), a house polo shirt for him (£10) and wrote a shopping list of things DD needs for new student flat...

Tomorrow will be a better day..... ;)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well I'm not quite sure how it has happened, but I have managed to do a few things from today's list. Surfaces wiped after dinner, floor swept, bins emptied and out for tomorrow's collection, hob wiped and an inventive dinner created from the festering fridge contents. I even have a cunning plan for disposing of some odd plates....a school crockery smash!

I put my timer on to do my MAD HH in the garden. After 2 minutes the phone went and MAD was abandoned. Still I had an hour's chat with my DSis which was nice as it doesn't happen that often.

Busy day tomorrow, work all day then back and forwards for a school meeting later.

Off to bed soon, as could really do with having a complete night's sleep - not much hope as DH is spluttering and coughing.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lots of sticks thrown for any BDs out there.
    A lot of 'stuff' has been cleared from kitchen surfaces, but I had hoped to do more in there today.
    Went to Clubbercise.
    Posted letters.
    Finished a report.
    Phoned (ugh) 2 clients, I of whom I was dreading as he was a poor payer 2 yrs ago and seems to contact me every few months with some request for info as if I was some sort of help line. Unpaid. Anyway I was fairly positive and firm so no trouble.
    Did a bit more of my on line course.
    Put something away every time I left any room in the house.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure