PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 6th August 2018

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Been inthe garden, removing allthe dead flowers etc. They are now in a heap ready to go with some other 'stuff' to the tip which opens at 9
    Then shopping listy, made by OH or so he tells me...........

Admin work once the above is done

Over cast here, will wait to see if we get any rain.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Jojo- thanks for that. I will give it a go!!

Thanks for todays list. I have already bribed the children and said they can go on playstation if they help this morning and these things were on their list. They like a physical list that yheu can tick off! !! We will.see how they get on!!!!

Wednesday - Living Room Loveliness

Level 1

Open the windows!
    Give the cushions a good plumping.
    Remove anything that doesn't live here.
    With a damp cloth wipe remotes, light switches and the bit just above and below the door handles, where sticky fingers leave residues. And the handles too, of course

Level Two
    Dust everywhere - check for cobwebs

Level three
    vacuum

Chillies - - your home will be lovely if you help too!
    Make your own bed.
    Remove anything icky from your rooms and bin it.
    Lift everything off the floor and vacuum it.
    Put your clean clothes away tidily and your dirty clothes in the laundry.

Extras
    Sort out your herbs and spices - fling OOD stuff!
    S&S kitchen
    S&S downstairs loo.

Seeep and mop bathroom floors
    Tidy up spare room for visitors- it is a complete dumping ground so.could.take a while!!!

I only have until lunchtime as that is when visitors.arrive so i had better crack on!!
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
  • Well, I'm packed and ready to walk out the door...

Somebody else, though...
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,883
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all,

It's much cooler here this morning, but still no sign of rain. And the sun is now coming out again...

So far this morning I have changed the bedlinen, washed it and hung it out, cleared the ironing pile that reappeared after yesterday's clearance operation and sorted all the clean laundry into piles for its rightful owners. The duster is sat on the side to shame me into now moving myself towards the sitting room.

I have to take DD to her volunteering later today, so I have a small list of jobs to do while I'm waiting. I also need to play a serious game of freezer sorting. I spent most of yesterday preparing vegetables to freeze but I'm not entirely sure how or where they are going to go. What I did do though was to clean out the salad drawers in the fridge....who ever knew that the little flap underneath them lifted out and could reveal total yuk :eek:
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,706
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have pegged out all the washing...5 loads :eek: wouldn't all fit on my two lines so I have had to do some double pegging :eek:
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Jojo enjoy your trip away
    Valli 5 loads blimey!

Tip run is done
    Food shop is done

There is someone banging and crashing at a house where I know they are away, so just off round to get 'moral support' from next door, ie their big loud dog and one of them to go and see who is doing what, with the noise they are making I don't 'think' it is burglars...............but you never can tell.........
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,883
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Be careful, Kaz.

LR dusted, de-spidered and vacuumed. Damp cloth run round as well, as per the list.

Freezer sorted and all the veg that I prepped yesterday has been squeezed in. Unfortunately / fortunately there is still more in the fridge to be sorted / eaten.

Moving on to the dining room...anything to avoid mopping the kitchen floor :o
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,706
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well done, Kaz, for not turning a blind eye. Hope all is well.
    Last load on line -(6th!) - washing basket now empty HOWEVER my plans to iron it all, tidy up and pack have been scuppered as DD has been offered a grad job and now wants help to move out of her Uni flat...because, of course, she wasn't in any hurry earlier.
    She starts Monday.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • The largest bag in the world came with us. And a cool box. Like you can't buy food or drink in the hinterlands.

GWR decided to pretend our train had been cancelled, then denied it and claimed we'd missed it. So 105 minutes later, a somewhat terse email exchange and Himself refusing to speak when the booking was made by him, the tickets were collected by him and he was the one who insisted it wasn't worth checking beforehand, I'd got us on another train. Which sat for 20 mins at a station with no explanation until afterwards. Person taken ill. Well, had they said something, the two nurses sitting next to me would have been able to help, wouldn't they?

I'm fed up. Got another 3 hours at least on here and apparently, the giant cool bag contains one salad sandwich and a packet of crisps for me. He, however, has pasties, sandwich, cake, crisps, and many cans.

And somebody is removing their nail varnish in the carriage. It STINKS.

Then he wonders why I have pointed out that getting a job would mean he'd be able to get a car.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
  • And somebody's beastly offspring is KICKING me by sticking their legs under their parents, all the way under the seat and aiming for my heels.

Is picking up said offspring by the scruff and threatening to hoy the little **** out of the non opening window a reasonable action?

Himself says its reasonable but the parents might get a trifle upset. I'm not convinced, I'm sure at least one of them would be relieved on the quiet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family