edited 19 March 2019 at 5:30PM in IVA & DRO
Delete - No longer need advice

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Today's Friday. Don't panic.

I am chasing one up today that I submitted last Friday, so 2 working days earlier than you.

Most go through in 48 hours, not all.
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    Hi Amy

Amy13 wrote: »
    Does the register get updated at the weekend?

Not so far as I know, as it is a manual process and Insolvency Service rank and file staff do not work at weekends.

I'm sure your DRO will appear on there soon enough.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • fatbelly
    Forumite
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Today's Friday. Don't panic.

I am chasing one up today that I submitted last Friday, so 2 working days earlier than you.

Most go through in 48 hours, not all.

That one came through late afternoon today. A recent address change had meant that the credit search had to be done manually, apparently
  • fatbelly
    Forumite
    My Debt Relief Order had been accepted!

I've been checking the register every few hours these past few days... even in the middle of the night.

I finished work at 6pm and checked and it wasn't on there. Checked at 9pm and there it is.

I am in a state of shock but happy.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all your help.

Well done, Amy. Your 'Debtors Notice' should be in the post. Keep it safe.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,723
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    edited 11 November 2017 at 12:46PM
    Hope it comes today. Would it worth sending a copy to my creditors or should I just let the Insolvency Service do their work?

Also, I'm getting calls on my mobile several times a day from Vanquis, should I ignore or answer when they call and inform them of DRO?

Your creditors will all be informed of your DRO, sometimes it can take a while to filter down through the ranks, all you need to do is keep the DRO paperwork, you can also print off your details from the IR to, creditors know it will last 12 months.

The calls etc should stop in time, on occasion a debt can be sold on whilst your in the DRO, the new owner would not be aware of it, so you would have to inform them, and provide proof.

Other than that, its just a case of waiting out the 12 months, assuming everything stays the same, after 12 months, the DRO will be marked as satisfied, but will remain on your credit file for 6 years, but that's not the end of the world is it.

Well done.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,723
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Thanks, decided not to contact creditors and block calls.

Received my paperwork today, so final now.

Good, now you can............relax......!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Jr14
    Jr14 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Yay what a relief for you!
    My barcode arrived today yippee x
  • Jr14
    Thanks! Paid all my money and submitted balances! Do they let me know when it’s submitted?
  • fatbelly
    Forumite
    I phoned them to let them know I'd paid the barcode and the updated the balances. The lady I spoke to went through the application with me on the phone to make sure I was happy with the final draft and then she submitted it for me.

That's what I do at CAB. Then I try to phone the client as soon as I get the confirmation email.
  • Jr14
    Ah okay thank you both I’ll call them tomorrow :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure