Virgin Media to hit customers with 4.5% price hike - MSE News

Comments

• Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,142
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    chiny wrote: »
    200 Mb/s for £22 (pre-hike) ? That is impressively low. Mine is £35 for 200 MB/s pre-hike, including a junk-call-infested phone line. How'd you get the £22 ? And a free month pays for much of the increase during the rest of your contract tie-in.

And of course, VM do have a relatively new system, unlike BT who had a pole fall down last week, near me. Looked rotted at the base when I took a look. Not to mention those lovely green copper wires...

Yeah, in all honesty I don't really know how I got it that low, I was paying £25 going up to £30, called and cancelled and got a call back. I explained I wasn't prepared to pay more ad I could get vodafone for £25, so he offered me it for £22.24 for 18 months.

When renewal is due I always look around and have a limit in mind £25 was this years so the price rise takes it to that £25 and in all honesty I don't think I'd get the £22 again if I cancelled.
    Sigless
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    HELP!

Was on the phone on hold to them for 22 mins 17 seconds and someone hung up on me!
    Trying again, but may be hung up on again?

How would you feel?

Does anyone have a complaints email address for VM HO, please?

There is no complaints email address. You need to snail mail a letter, and they’ll phone you back.
  • Do you have to have received the email before phoning them?

Thanks
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    The T&C's that people agree to says otherwise.

Yup, this sort of thing is a complete joke.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,124
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Pirnmill wrote: »
    Do you have to have received the email before phoning them?

Thanks

Wondering same, no email or letter yet.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I blagged it last week. As the nowtv offer was ending I rang up and said I'm disappointed with these latest rises. VM said it's annoying when you receive that letter. :D

I cancelled. But worried they have tied me into 12 months linerent as I'm taking my number with me.
  • Was going to go up to £37 so range them up and got it reduced to £26 for 6 months then £30.
  • We were out of contract, so I checked the MSE broadband comparison tool and found a deal with Talk Talk for £24.99 per month. Told retentions this (they specifically asked what deal we had seen) and they offered us a basic TV package with fibre and phone for £32.99 including some inclusive calls, they also suggested we change the account holder from my husband's name to my name to get £50 credit on both accounts. We received a brand new TIVO box as it's considered a new account with the latest features such as recording 6 programmes (while watching a 7th), and much quicker than before. Plus if you refer any friends to switch to Virgin you can both receive £50 credit. So it's definitely worth haggling especially if you're out of contract, we'll be saving over £600 a year with the extra credits!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    chiny wrote: »
    200 Mb/s for £22 (pre-hike) ? That is impressively low. Mine is £35 for 200 MB/s pre-hike, including a junk-call-infested phone line. How'd you get the £22 ? And a free month pays for much of the increase during the rest of your contract tie-in.

And of course, VM do have a relatively new system, unlike BT who had a pole fall down last week, near me. Looked rotted at the base when I took a look. Not to mention those lovely green copper wires...

#227#
    #227*
    One removes call barring , the other adds it.
    Try from your virgin landline and it should eliminate some nuisance calls.

My package has gone up to £78 per month which I need to reduce, any advice welcome please.
    Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Hi,
    I called virgin last week as I currently pay £63 for the mix bundle and after taking everything off and putting me on the basic tv phone and broadband it was still £44 when they are offering that deal to new customers for £32.
    I called up today to say I want to leave as they are too expensive and that sky are offering a deal for £36 and they just said ok and said I’ll be cut off at the end of next month.
    How do people get a better deal or is everyone switching? I would rather not for the hassle but I’m not prepared to pay more especially when I’ve seen some people on here get the full package for £65 :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure