PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Let's Get Motivated

Comments

• tjp70
    tjp70 Posts: 464 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tjp70 wrote: »
    It’s time to resurrect this thread. I need to get my backside back in gear.
    Today’s jobs that I must do are:
    • Ironing
    • Change bed linen
    • Cut DH’s hair
    • Freeze down beef stew portion
    I will report back later with my done list :)

All jobs done :)
    If Plan A fails, remember there are 25 more letters
  • tjp70
    Morning all.

I was really pleased that I achieved all my jobs yesterday. Posting here definitely motivated me to get them done.

A much shorter list today:

Clean the lounge & office
    Plan dinner
    Go for a walk

I had a NSD yesterday and I'm hoping for another today. I'm not very good with NSDs and this is an area that I shall focus on for improvement.
  • tjp70
    Morning all.

I managed to do all my jobs yesterday so I was really pleased about that. Also I sold a jumper on eBay so an added bonus. Plus yesterday was an NSD :j

Today's jobs are:

Clean the conservatory, hall & landing
    Make Eurotunnel booking
    Go for a walk
    Post jumper
    Visit friend

Have a good day everyone.
  • Actually, that reminds me - I need to freeze the chicken breasts presently in the fridge!

Shan't be a moment...
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • tjp70
    Good morning.

Yesterday was just one of those days when life gets in the way of anything planned. DD is having a terrible time at college and she has needed help & support over the last two evenings to get through assignments. So, yesterday, my list went to pot! I did manage to see my friend as also to book Eurotunnel for our day trip to Bruges, so two small successes there.

So today’s list is double the size:

Clean the conservatory, hall and landing
    Post jumper
    Go for a walk *
    Clean the bathrooms
    Collect DS from Gatwick
    Collect blood test results from GP plus prescription
    Email blood test results to consultant
    Investigate gift vouchers for DD present idea from relative
    Laundry
    Plan dinner
    Book Premier Inn for Bruges trip

*I set myself a target to walk 50 miles in October and will need to walk 3.26 miles today to achieve that goal as I didn’t get chance to walk yesterday. I plan to walk to the Post Office and see what’s left to walk thereafter.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I think I need this thread. I have read through so far and feel sadly at home. Sillyvixen wrote last year that if procrastination was an Olympic Sport she would have a string of gold medals. Well, I am the Procrastination Queen and will,fight her for a place on that podium.

I am on holiday this week but next week I have not only Christmas to organise but also a house move which may or may not happen before Christmas. I live by myself so it's all down to me.
    I may come here to keep me motivated and sane.
    I need to be accountable to someone.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • tjp70
    Morning.

Welcome Monnagran. Enjoy your holiday and look forward to seeing you when you get back home.

I achieved everything on my list yesterday which was fab. However, although I went for 2 walks, I missed my October walking goal by 0.40 miles :mad:

I will set a new goal for November and see how many miles I can achieve. I have to beat the October total of 49.6 miles.

Not many jobs on the list today:

Clean bedrooms
    Make GP appointment for DD
    Go for a walk
    Contact relative about DD present

Have a good day.
  • tjp70, May I join you please :o

My decluttering mojo has gone for a leave of absence :eek: I also love lists but lack motivation :o My lovely DH lets me off the hook when I just laze around knitting, watching TV or reading when I should be completing household or life tasks :rotfl: - I need some way of being held accountable :eek:

So I am taking the plunge :rotfl: but will start small :rotfl:

Monday 5th November list

Go into town to bank cheques & do a bit of shopping
    Make an apple crumble, bake some choc chip biscuits and a cherry & coconut loaf
    Write my XMas card list & start writing cards

So tpj70 & monnagran I am relying on you both to give me a kick up the jacksie if required :rotfl:

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Will do Mrs S.D.

I had a lovely holiday but am back now and am pleased to report that I have unpacked and washed things that need washing.
    Tomorrow I am off to the mainland to a funeral. Living on an island has its disadvantages and relying on public transport even more.
    I have wasted most of today trying to work out out times of buses, ferries and trains. Of course they don't connect! Going isn't too bad, but coming back means that I spend 2 hours at the end of the pier or sitting in the bus shelter.
    I don't mind wasting time but prefer to do it in comfort.

On wednesday I spend the day in a church kitchen cooking lunch for 40/50 old people. I'm led to believe that some of them are even older than me.

Thursday it will be back to the to-do list.

See you then.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Oh, the shame :o I was only partially successful :o

I didn’t do any baking :o which actually turned out to be serendipitous :D as I used the eggs for dinner - fried bacon, eggs & mushrooms with fried lo mash & oven chips :D very tasty it was too :drool:

Only managed to bank 2 cheques as the 3rd was out of date - so need to make a phone call tomorrow to get it reissued :( I managed to get my magazines - eventually & managed to find a Bureau de Change - traded in my Icelandic Krone & Hong Kong dollars - £50 :j:j Unfortunately the Canadian dollars were a no go as they had been removed from circulation :( the upside is that it would only have been about £7 :) Would have been nice but c’est la vie :D
    Unfortunately no joy on finding an eye bandage - may have to resort to internet shopping :(

The Christmas card list has been written & a third of the cards have been written :T & I will finish writing the rest tonight
    Extra job - sorted a box out - only another dozen or so crates/boxes etc :(

So mixed success :o

Tuesday’s list

Phone calls re: new cheque; bank to order cheque book & transfer monies to nephew in France
    Trip to P.O. to buy stamps & post instruction manual to niece-in-law
    Small sm shop - after all I need eggs :D
    Baking
    Write a menu plan

See you all tomorrow

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure