Options
    What colour is it?!
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Greyish-blue. :)
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Well done on finding a car so quick, very exciting :)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Thanks! We debated looking around further, but (aside from the later hassle/confusion over price) we couldn't think of anything else we'd want in a car. As it's (relatively) cheap, we figure even if it turns out to be a dud it should last us until we're MF (if not far longer, it only has 50k miles on it) and then we can get a nicer/newer car.

We're both "cars are meant to get us from point A to point B in as efficient/comfortable manner as possible, that's all" people, so not much to debate. :)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Car insurance: check

Breakdown cover: check

Vehicle records lookup: check

Should get £50 cashback on the breakdown, and possibly £30 as a gift card as well.

Will go in early with DH tomorrow and withdraw cash from the bank branch near his work. Then off work at 6 to go collect and drive home! :)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Sounds good.
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Thanks SHS. :)

So I bought a hair cutting set and clippers off bay of E and tonight we braved using them. Cutting DH's hair took me about an hour as it was quite long. It looks good now, though I can see areas that I want to do differently next time. Mine took about 10 minutes as I only need slight trimming.

Once we do it again we should break even on the cost (~£40 total) and then it's all profit. :) Yay youtube video tutorials!
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Great news on the car.

Big savings for sure with hair cutting at home, though I've only gone as far as a thinning comb for DS and using clippers for the dogs...saving £100 twice a year :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    I didn't actually try the thinning shears that came in the set tonight, as DH's hair is thinning a bit anyway. :o Probably should next time as they are quite forgiving about incorrect cuts I think.

Last time I clipped the dog (hot summer in the US) he wriggled around and rather than a nice tidy belly trim he got an awful choppy neck-to-tail body shave. He has no sense of self so didn't mind, and he was nice and cool all summer. :) One bonus to British weather is he's rarely overheated here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure