Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Have a happy day Lush :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Had a mare. +4..... +4!!!

Gahh.... anyway, this is the wake up call I needed. I've been meandering for weeks +1's and -1's, now I've had a fairly sizeable gain. Let's get it back to basics. SP meals..... properly measuring etc etc.

I can't blame the world cup for this one. All on me.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Keep going Stoke.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Happy Birthday Lush!

Oh dear Stoke....but as my consultant says sometimes you think you've got away with a gain but then it shows up a week or two later - yes I don't get that either but hey ho.

I've been more lurking that posting recently - walking the dog later hasn't helped and it seems that everyone else is doing the same so you end up chatting more.

Had Hunter's chicken again last night but had it with a baked potato and it was lovely - I'm not usually a fan of baked potatoes but it really hit the spot. I'm going to try & do them in the slow cooker next time .

Not sure what's on the menu for today - hubby has called me a foodie person but I guess when you're the catering manager you have to be lol
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Happy Birthday Lush!

Oh dear Stoke....but as my consultant says sometimes you think you've got away with a gain but then it shows up a week or two later - yes I don't get that either but hey ho.

I've been more lurking that posting recently - walking the dog later hasn't helped and it seems that everyone else is doing the same so you end up chatting more.

Had Hunter's chicken again last night but had it with a baked potato and it was lovely - I'm not usually a fan of baked potatoes but it really hit the spot. I'm going to try & do them in the slow cooker next time .

Not sure what's on the menu for today - hubby has called me a foodie person but I guess when you're the catering manager you have to be lol
    I didn't think I had been too bad over the last week. Saturday was a bit ropey, but other than that I thought I had been okay. You don't gain 4 lbs unless you've done something wrong though and I'm thinking it's my current evening foods which are a bit erratic.

Like I said, back to basics. New week, new start, new opportunity to turn it around. I might try add a few runs in there to help me burn off any excess calories. I'm so close to that final target there's no need to panic but I need to get me back on the right path.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,493
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    :wave: Hi denise. You're just down the road from me today. :D I'd have thought they'd have plenty of fancy (and expensive) organic stuff at the show but you're safer with a picnic. Definitely more mse too.:money:

Stoke wrote: »
    Had a mare. +4..... +4!!!

Gahh.... anyway, this is the wake up call I needed. I've been meandering for weeks +1's and -1's, now I've had a fairly sizeable gain. Let's get it back to basics. SP meals..... properly measuring etc etc.

I can't blame the world cup for this one. All on me.

gts is right. It's your body playing catch up. I'm going through the same after my holiday and the football at the same time! I haven't weighed yet but I'd have thought at least a 4lb gain would be about right for me if not more. It's 8 weeks tomorrow since I last went to WI so I'm expecting crunch time very soon.:(

The plus side is that both being 'good' and 'bad' catches up eventually. You're doing the right thing to make a plan. I'm sure you'll be back on track and losing again very soon.:)

I'm going to have a different lunch today. It's not that I haven't been enjoying all my omelettes but I think I'll have a change from eggs!:) Also, I can't say that cutting carbs with SP lunches have made a massive difference but it could be that going over on wine syns is the culprit.;)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk, half banana
    L: beef stir fry with noodles
    D: savoury mince with new potatoes and Speed (cabbage, cauli, broccoli)
    Syns: 1 for noodles. I'm going from memory as they disappeared from the website.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well after my first week of SW,I have gone from 14stone 1 to 13 stone 9.5lbs!! Seriously chuffed.
    I have played a lot of tennis,done quite a bit of walking and been jogging too.Its a good start,but I know there will be disappointing weeks ahead.
    I hope to lose 1 stone in around 8 weeks....

Brilliant :T
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Be on the lookout for a man going round stabbing people in the butt with a knitting needle.!!. The police think he is following some kind of pattern.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Sky_
    Sky_ Posts: 605
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Happy Birthday Lush! :T :T :T

Well done Gigglinggoat, that's a brilliant loss for your first week. :j

Comiserations Stoke, it's a pain when that happens, but your plan going forward looks good. :T

Today:

B: yogurt and berries
    L: Ryvitas and quark, apple (I really, really like ryvitas and quark :rotfl:)
    D: not sure, either meat stir fry or baked pots with prawns (will include mega syns because egg-free mayo is very high in fat :o) and various veg.
    S: mik in drinks

Have a great day everyone. :)
    2022. 2% MF challenge. £730/3000
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,493
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Would quark mixed with prawns work sky? Perhaps mixed with a bit of tomato puree and cayenne?

I've never eaten it myself but I often substitute cottage cheese for mayo so I wondered.

I'm still feeling stuffed after my lunchtime stir fry. I somehow forgo t was just for me and made far too much.:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure