PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    beginning to wonder if DD2 is still alive - no, wait, she posted on whatapp yesterday. She has simply forgotten she has a mother
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    mardatha wrote: »
    What way did you come up fuddle? the A1 or the A68?
    A68 mar usually. We live on the doorstep of that route but yesterday we had to go A1 because of where the caravan was stored.
    You deserve an MSE medal monna your daily posts have tears running down my cheeks in a good way . I admit there were some times when I was coughing through the Pleurisy they almost caused my demise but it was worth the worry I was gasping my last . Never change .
    polly

She has the knack doesn't she :D

All I can say is I'm pleased I motor in more reliable times as if I had to travel the way you're all used too I spend my life cowering in the corner of me hoose!

Yes we got here. Reception is intermittent, sorry but I'm sure you enjoyed the peace! The caravan needed the tractor to tow it to it's home as the ground is sodden but we're in... and never moving again! Ha.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Have you ever come over Soutra fuds?
  • I don't know about B A N A N A but I do know that the filter won't let me write C A F E without coming over all exclamation markey!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    mardatha wrote: »
    Have you ever come over Soutra fuds?

We would have done when we went to Edinburgh last October but I can't recall :o

Happy Mother's Day my friends. I look up to you all, you guide me an awful, awful lot and even though some of you are only a little older than I, you have skills that I don't. For anyone who is feeling down about the day there is a wee lassie that is sat comfy back in the North East that appreciates each and everyone of you. :) x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Maryb, a pm from me
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MrsLW, maybe we're all looking at this censorship the wrong way, maybe it's a really intelligent censor, and censors that which it thinks the poster is most likely to get into trouble with. I'm not sure what you've done in a cafe, but it boggles the mind to think what Monna can do with a banana :rotfl: As for Mardatha, I bet she can't type sherbert dibdab without it going all !!!!!!
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh, while I have spent 7 hours glued to my computer, with a 35 page guidance note by my side, trying to understand Scottish legal speak (filling in docs as an executor of my dad's estate), you lot have taken a drive down memory lane and invented your own rude words!

I learnt to drive in a vauxhall viva, a very old one. The steering was vaguely controlled by the steering wheel but it was far from precise and it was huge (like a wagon's). The wipers worked AFTER you turned the engine off. Sometimes the starter motor stuck and required a sharp tap with a hammer to free it off. The gear lever was a very long stick and you sort of had to waggle it round to find the right slot in the gear box. Brakes? Very squishy, requiring quite a bit of advanced planning if you wanted to actually stop. :eek:
    Modern cars are a breeze!

Just a thought, if bananas (incase it gets ,!!!!, I wrote b a n a n a s) gets exclamations, what will happen if I type cucumber? ((That was c u c u m b e r !).
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks to my DS2 I am all charged up again and he even found me an old charger of his that works like a dream. I told him that I was so grateful he need not go up to the Co-op to get me a hasty bunch of flowers and a card. I knew that was his next move because Pickle spilled the beans. I had to give her the first lesson about the sex war. Men and boys are useless at remembering about things like cards and special days. She nodded wisely.

Fuddle my child, we are all very proud of you. I reckon we are doing a good job bringing you up.

Squishy brakes, MMF? My boyfriend at the time reckoned he would be safer in my car with an anchor to throw out of the window. I think all those long gear sticks wobbled about. Mine wasn't as bad as the car my friend and her boyfriend bought off a breakers yard. The four of us set of for Wales in it for a camping holiday. Halfway down a steep, winding hill, at 2 o'clock in the morning the boyfriend changed down into first gear and the gear lever came off in his hand.
    Who remembers the joy of double de-clutching?

It's a good job our parents didn't know what we were up to.

You see? Some people can get away with bananas and cucumbers, but 'cafe' Lyn? Tut tut. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Persisting down here tonight. Millie was delighted because when she came in all wet she had the huge treat of a brisk rub down with a rough towel followed by half a biscuit for being a good girl. I had the other half for being an even gooder girl.

I'm off to bed now. See you in the morning. Unless I'm around in the night.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    monnagran wrote: »

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion. Nice try though.

Monna, I have copied and saved that. Thank you :)

To all you Fencers, hope you are well and life is treating you kindly.

Take good care and to borrow a phrase:

"Goodnight, thank you and may your God go with you"

xxx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business