How Do I BLOCK "Link" from ringing me?

Options
This is a long-shot guys??

I have had a letter, and now today a text message from LINK Financial (quoting a reference number) and asking me to give them a ring. LINK is one of the debts that is currently unenforceable, and has been 7 months.

How do I BLOCK them from ringing me on my mobile? I've done a Google search and have input the following numbers into my phone, and then gone and blocked them (so if they call from these 3 numbers they cannot get through to me:

02920 858711
0207 793 2650
0333 014 5145

But I wonder if anyone has a comprehensive LIST of all of their "nuisance call" phone numbers, so I can go ahead and input them ALL into my phone, and then systematically block each one? Then, they can NEVER ring me - nor leave a message!

Can anyone help? Or is it a case of whenever i receive a call I hang up and instantly block?

Comments

• CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    Have you written to them with the Statute Barred letter?

If so, send them another letter telling them that you'll report them for harassment if they continue to contact you regarding the (alleged) debt.
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    You can write to them and ask them to remove your phone number from their records and request that any dealings must be done in writing only.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Want2BeDebtFree
    Want2BeDebtFree Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 August 2018 at 10:59PM
    Options
    Have you written to them with the Statute Barred letter?

If so, send them another letter telling them that you'll report them for harassment if they continue to contact you regarding the (alleged) debt.

Am I correct in saying it won't be officially "Statute Barred" for another five and a half years? The reason being is because I did not STOP paying them the monthly installments until January 2018 when they wrote to me stating they could not find the original contract telling me the debt was "Unenforceable".

Therefore to achieve the six year "Statute Barred" status, do I need to await six years from the last installment payment? (i.e January) I'm sure that is correct? Meanwhile I will just have to wait, and NOT pay them anything else, until six years have passed.

BTW yes they DID write to me two weeks ago with the same message as what was on the text, i.e, "please contact us as you have ceased paying the debt". -- even though they already have it in writing (from me) that I was going to "stop paying via Step Change" and "allow the debt to go Statue Barred due the fact that they have not managed to find the original contract".

I have already told them this!!! They got my letter because it was signed for!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If no paperwork is available then the debt is unenforceable and you should write and tell them you are not paying, it has nothing to do with the debts statute barred status.

Also ask them to remove all your phone numbers from there database, under the new GDPR regulations they must comply.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, my mistake. It helps to put as much information as you can in the first post, it helps people to help you.
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had the same problem and called them asking them to remove my phone number & only contact via post which they have done
  • Want2BeDebtFree
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    If no paperwork is available then the debt is unenforceable and you should write and tell them you are not paying, it has nothing to do with the debts statute barred status.

Also ask them to remove all your phone numbers from there database, under the new GDPR regulations they must comply.

Thank you Sourcrates :T

Thank you Anna1977 :T

Thank you CakeCrusader :T

You see -- this is why I LOVE this site! Because if there is the slightest problem, I can come straight here! I shall write to them today, reminding them of their January letter stating the Debt is Unenforceable, (as per their January 2018 Letter to me) and that they are breaking the new GDPR regulations by ringing me!

Thank God we live in the age of the internet, where we can find this stuff out without having to pay a solicitor. I'm in my mid 40's so remember the days when there was no internet, and back then I would've probably just paid them!

I would use more fruity language but this is a family forum Lol :eek:

Once again thanks Guys. I have given all of you an official website "Thanks" :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure