Add your feedback on energy supplier iSupply

Comments

• As a result of MSE comparison joined isupply for a year. No issue till I tried to leave.
    Have been waiting since DECEMBER 2016 for them to confirm my final reading and let me get over £280 credit back in my bank.

I have moved to Robin Hood who have logged a dispute with isupply on my behalf as I am getting nowhere on my own.
  • sbradnam
    sbradnam Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Few months in and all good. They are trying hard to keep in touch - admittedly their website is a bit clunky, but it all works, and the 3 year fix I am on is well cheap by comparison with what is on offer. Glad I switched.
  • Joined ISupply from Energy Club suggestion and a very attractive three year fixed rate. Joining process went ok and i looked forward to my first statement.since December 2016 - nothing received to date as my gas account is still inactive on the website despite them happily taking a direct debit each month.

Made three very long phone calls to try and resolve got an empty promise each time and yesterday i was assured that the guy would resolve personally. Sadly, an empty promise, nothing changed and the promised call never came.

Clearly they dont give a hoot about customer service and i am annoyed that the ombudsman allows these start up companies to run a business that is ill prepared to service its customers. I have made a formal complaint and will follow up with the ombudsman if it does not get resolved. I will be switching provider and moving back to the safety of Eon if not resolved soon. These small companies are not all they are made out to be.

Will update if i get any resolution.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Joined ISupply from Energy Club suggestion and a very attractive three year fixed rate. Joining process went ok and i looked forward to my first statement.since December 2016 - nothing received to date as my gas account is still inactive on the website despite them happily taking a direct debit each month.

Made three very long phone calls to try and resolve got an empty promise each time and yesterday i was assured that the guy would resolve personally. Sadly, an empty promise, nothing changed and the promised call never came.

Clearly they dont give a hoot about customer service and i am annoyed that the ombudsman allows these start up companies to run a business that is ill prepared to service its customers. I have made a formal complaint and will follow up with the ombudsman if it does not get resolved. I will be switching provider and moving back to the safety of Eon if not resolved soon. These small companies are not all they are made out to be.

Will update if i get any resolution.

My experience of Isupply is that if you have raised a formal complaint against them, you will get assigned a case handler who will do everything in their power to resolve the matter, as they do take all action possible to avoid the matter going to the ombudsman.
    Such case handlers either have more power, or at least more time, to address your issues than the standard front line responders

I make no comment on your actual complaint, other than to say if you have your gas supplied by them I am sure you will receive a gas bill or an explanation as to why not.

Of course you are free to choose whatever supplier you wish, presumanbly a more expensive one. You will also incur early exit fees if you leave this supplier before the end of your term (i.e. within 49 days of the scheduled end)
  • It seems that the Swedish power group Vattenfall are buying iSupply.
    iSupplyEnergy, based in Bournemouth, has 120,000 customers — a fraction of the millions serviced by large UK suppliers such as Centrica’s British Gas and SSE.
    However, Vattenfall said it planned to use the business as a platform for growth and its arrival promises to increase competition in a market that has been under intense political scrutiny over rising household bills.

https://www.ft.com/content/7f538ea8-5594-11e7-80b6-9bfa4c1f83d2?mhq5j=e2
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Vattenfall is owned by the Swedish government. I've heard said that the UK power industry is being put back into public ownership even without Corbyn's help. Albeit to be owned by foreign governments. This seems to be more proof!
  • DavidPye
    DavidPye Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 July 2017 at 8:37AM
    Can only agree with all other forum members about ISupply's customer service, they claim under the takeover they are now providing excellent customer service. Not my experience since I joined them last December. The company estimated my bill, despite sending in regular readings and photographic evidence of my readings, and said I was hugely in debt and wanted to increase my direct debit by over 50%. Have tried since May 6th to get the company to resolve the issue, have tried their customer complaints form which promises a quick resolution but in the small print they allow themselves up to 8 weeks to resolve an issue. Promised called backs on 3 occasions and waited in for over an hour for one of them with no call backs made. Been lied to, been promised 3 times that a manual recalculation will be done within 10 days, still waiting two months later. I should have followed my grandfathers advice and if something looks too good it will be because the company is trying to rip you off, am tied in with penalties if I try and leave so in catch 22 land. All I can say is avoid this company unless you like shoddy customer service, promises being broken and literally been lied to...:(
  • DON'T USE THEM!!
    Currently the Energy Ombudsnan is investigating my string of Complaints against iSupply. Amongst the several points raised was they left my home without hot water and heating for 5 days as they ordered the wrong Electric Meter from their contractors- "Lowri Beck". Then when the contractor did arrive, he had brought an "Ovo" energy smart E7 meter instead of the E10 one I had. After complaining, iSupply awarded me £110 in compensation. Problem is, they won't pay it to me as I cannot input my current meter readings on my online account- it won't accept them.
    I've only been with them for 2 months- my account balance with them currently is over £300 but my energy useage for the 2 months is just £62.
    I've spent over 12 hours on the phone to them, sent 45 emails and online messages. All ignored.
    So I gave them 7 days in writing to respond and pay the compensation amount into my bank account- They ignored this, so I took the complaint directly to the Energy Ombudsman, who accepted my case immediately.
    I was appalled to be told by an iSupply telephonist that "We don't actually have a dedicated Complaints Department- we deal and respond to any Complaints ourselves when we occasionally work over-time, and that's not often..."
    Isn't it lucky that I record all incoming and outgoing phone calls on my p.c.
    This company is in totally over their heads- until they get their service up to acceptable standards, my advice is to NOT USE IT!
    If iSupply ignore the ruling from the Ombudsnan, straight to Civil Court for both Breach of Contract and Goods and/or Services breaching the Sale of Goods Act.
    My rating for iSupply? -1 out of 5. David of Dumfries.
  • I done a u switch ad they came out tip, just a bit worried about mixed reviews.
  • We moved out of a rental property 16 months ago. Out of the blue we have recieved a £1200 bill via email, followed by three threatening letters with added interest for late payment. I have called them twice, they say it is I relation to the meter readings at the end of tenancy. Both people I spoke to have said different things about the delay.

We had paid our final bill and settled the account 16 months ago.

They are putting the onus on us to prove that we don't owe it instead of on them to prove that we do. We have received nothing to tell us exactly what it is for. What should we do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure