GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    do you have to wait to fully switch before you can move again ?
  • sidbee
    sidbee Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Finally managed to get through on phone to give my opening meter read. And have received a reply to my email about the non-existent log-in details - quote:-

"GB Energy Supply would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused when not receiving your log in details.
    At present our web server is undergoing some maintenance, and is scheduled to be complete by the end of May 2015.

If you want to request your log in details, go to the GB Energy Supply log in page and enter your email address following that, click the forgot password link and you should receive and email with instructions on how to set up your new log in details."

End of May is next week............. any bets on whether they will have got round to putting in a system by then?

As for the 'forgot password' advice, I had already tried that 2 weeks ago, still waiting for their email with instructions though!
    sidbee
  • After signing up with GB Energy two weeks ago, I've sent them three emails (to query mistakes in my documentation), none of which have been replied to. I then phoned to cancel the application (after 15 minutes on hold). Since then I've received another email from them trying to continue my application.

So they ignore emails and aren't much help over the phone either.
  • ndl124
    ndl124 Posts: 2 Newbie
    DO NOT join GB Energy at this time. I started the process of moving to them and neither their IT system nor telephone customer service seems able to cope with the number of customers that they have acquired. Like many other reviewers, I was sent an email from GB Energy asking me to provide them with my meter reading. I had not previously received my log in details to allow me to do this and got no response from the "Forgotten password" link on their website. After TWO DAYS on hold to their telephone customer service team, I spoke to one of their staff who told me that the log-in emails hadn't been sent out, that the Forgotten Password links on their website is not working and that a Director would manually send an email to each customer with their log-in details. This Director was busy and would only be sending out the emails some time today (28th May) and tomorrow (29th May).

GB Energy have however already managed to take money from my account based on no meter reading, but an estimated usage.

As soon as I get access to my EGB Energy account, I shall be switching from them to another supplier
  • DaftMule
    DaftMule Posts: 84 Forumite
    Just started the switch process today. I got an email with my login details straight away. Logged in to find the Account home page has several buttons (View Profile, View Bills, Give reading etc) all of which do not work. A short while later I got the welcome pack email. I noticed immediately that the attached welcome document with account details etc gave a different account number to that stated in the Account home page online (your account number is shown without having to click on anything.)

Given the fact that no one seems to be able to get through on their help line and they don't seem to reply to emails, I doubt I will have much joy getting this sorted with them. If I can't get any response tomorrow, I will cancel the application to switch and my direct debit (if it has been set up by then).

Guess the old saying is true. If it seems to good to be true then it probably is....
  • deanos
    just used the reset password link, can now get into my account :)
  • DaftMule
    DaftMule Posts: 84 Forumite
    deanos wrote: »
    just used the reset password link, can now get into my account :)

But do the buttons on the account page work for you?
  • deanos
    err nope :(
  • mosexco
    mosexco Posts: 6 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Their website quotation string is still not working. It gets stuck on 'Your Quote' and can't show their best tariffs.
  • wwpaddler
    wwpaddler Posts: 32 Forumite
    Their website quotation is working ok for me. Might work if you try a different browser or clear out your cookies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure