PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Jumblejack, they look gorgeous. Do you have a tried and tested blackberry jam recipe, ive never made jame before and how do you seal them - i know i can google this - just thought id ask.Spent 9.26 in Morrisons - they had pork shoulder joints for £1.50kg, not YS, which i thought was good, so got some of that and some other bits. Also, very chuffed with 2 large wicker baskets i bought in charity shop £5 for the pair.
  • pajama
    pajama Posts: 204 Forumite
    Wow, this threads moving fast. Need to sit this evening and catch up on what's been happening.

My spends today are
    Tesco £18.53
    Aldi £44.00
    Farm for eggs £1.00
    Total today £63.53 signature updated.

Really need to stick to my budget this month as it's a tight month and a 5 weeker for me. Meal planned last night so that kept the budget down this week. Just need to make sure I stick to meal planning and hopefully I should be ok.

Hope your all having a lovely day not spending much :D
    Grocery Challenge - Sept £205.56/£350.00

• Still no grocery spends here :)

Hope all is well?
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Managed to get a couple of YS at my small MrTs...(unheard of getting bargains at this one normally)..of 3 packs of kids drinking yogs from £1.75 to 45p a pack...and a large pack of mince...reduced by 80p...not the best saving but got it anyway as have no mince at all in freezer..so £18 spend altogether...also got some pack up bits at half price...cheesestrings etc as LO goes back on Wed (BOOOOO) :(:(.

Need some bits tomorrow but hoping to go later ...see if I can get anymore YS xx
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • Had my first spend of the month today of £47.93 to take advantage of some ASDA price anomalies ;) but I do have enough non-perishable food for several weeks and enough shampoo/conditioner/deodorant to last until Christmas :)
    Thank-you to everyone who posts comps :beer:
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Okay quick question, what does YS stand for? I figure you are talking about whoopsies, but it's hard to read YS in your head when you don't know what it means! :D

NSD as I've been at work all day, visited half of the new children starting school, the other half to do tomorrow. It was lovely but I am feeling really tired now and school hasn't even started yet!! ;)

Glad to be tucking into a beef and ale casserole tonight that I made the other day when I was batch cooking!! :T
    I've got the day off today because we have Paralympic tickets. Just making bread to take some sarnies as shocked by the prices when we went to the Olympics (charging like wounded bulls comes to mind) so being a bit more savvy this time. Might stretch to a bottle of drink though as the free water fountains were warm and metallic-tasting and you can't take anything in. We're going to the swimming - hoping to see gold for GB

SL

How was the Paralympics? We are going to watch the swimming on Wednesday night, I'm soooo excited!! :j
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • budget_babe
    budget_babe Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    Well I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow so I have done a weeks meal plan and written a list. :D

Quite pleased with my little self. I have also been lurking on the Elite 11+ thread for sometime now, I have just de-lurked to do a post. I must say they seem a very nice bunch, but my oh my they are well versed in their craft.

Does anyone on here follow that thread and go glitch buying? I tell you if you follow Mse to the the max its a full time job.

Still I am picking up tips and learning things all the time, I'm actually coming on a bundle as Delboy would say. (Sorry I am a massive only fools fan). :D

But finances are low this month as its the first time I have not had my salary, still Rome wasn't built in a day was it. I am determined yes determined to live within my means.

Still I have managed to drop a blood pressure tablet off so thats worth everything, you can't buy your health and hopefully Dad will get positive news on Thursday when he sees his consultant.

I will update tomorrow on my spends, I also need a gift for a friend's birthday too.

Take Care everyone
    Budgie x
    Cherish the ones you love and travel back on the road that brings you home :)
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" Ralph Waldo Emerson :A
  • Just gone through my last few days spends and they are as follows.

£39.03 - Sainsburys.
    £1.25 - Icy drinks at local Maize Maze.
    £5.00 - At the garage on the way back from visiting the big girls.
    £12.00 - McDonalds - treat lunch in the city with the big girls.

Bringing my total now to £244.06 / £350.

Missing the big girls lots, they're coming to stay ths weekend and i'm very excited :D

X
    June £0.00 GC / £200.00
    Family of 4 : 1 adult 3 kids ages 3,4 & 5.
  • KatyReed I'm glad you've got the older kids coming to visit, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time!

Had a busy day today (off work but still busy!) and no spends - had massive gym session and am now sitting knackered having spent the rest of the day cooking:

1) Five individual tubs of split pea, lemon and smoked paprika soup and waiting to go in the freezer (for lunches) ...
    2) along with vegetable and chickpea tagine in two two serving tubs plus a one serving tub. The two serving ones are for dinners this week and next (with couscous) and the one will either be a lunch with bread or dinner one night when OH's away.
    3) I have a loaf of brown bread ready to go in the oven and then sliced and frozen for lunches with the soup
    4) and 8 white rolls also rising rolls which will be frozen for when OH wants bacon rolls at the weekend and for later on this week when he's having a burger.

I'm trying really hard not to buy any bread products at all (helps that OH gets free bread at work to have toast or sandwiches!) but you need to be organised and I've found it's not good enough just make loaves as my OH loves rolls. Next challenge is to make my own wraps as I think we'll have fajitas on meal plan next week :D

Hope everyone else is having a frugal day!
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    mossy wrote: »
    Okay quick question, what does YS stand for? I figure you are talking about whoopsies, but it's hard to read YS in your head when you don't know what it means! :D

NSD as I've been at work all day, visited half of the new children starting school, the other half to do tomorrow. It was lovely but I am feeling really tired now and school hasn't even started yet!! ;)

Glad to be tucking into a beef and ale casserole tonight that I made the other day when I was batch cooking!! :T

How was the Paralympics? We are going to watch the swimming on Wednesday night, I'm soooo excited!! :j
    I call it YS as they come with yellow stickers on. :D
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing