All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MeandO wrote: »
    I wish I could be one of those people who enjoy running - I did once train for and complete a half marathon but I'm afraid the running bug never bit me!

Have a lovely day, hope the weather's nice for you, it's grey and torrential back here today. :(

I think if I ever finished a 10k I'd hang up my trainers! Well done on the half marathon - very impressive!!!

It's 12.30 and just got home - about half of year 11 turned up so a fairly productive morning, will be doing it all over again tomorrow.
    Have put a load of washing on and will have some lunch then think about doing a run. Need to de-flab - it won't shift itself ;)
    Then more work.....
  • kerron7
    kerron7 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done on the running, I wish I could but years of netball have taken its toll on my knees!
    Emergency Fund - £50/£500
  • mumblingtaff
    Decided against a run this afternoon as a new friend from running club texted me and suggested we go for a run tomorrow after she finishes work. We seem to have clicked and have a lot in common so why not? :)
    Part of the reason for joining the club was to meet new people so I guess it's working!

Did some work this afternoon, pottered around the house a bit, did a bit of cleaning, walked the dog and have just had a soak in the bath. OH has invited me to his house this evening, he's cooking for me - seems to still be making an effort......

No big unplanned spends this week so far so the budget is still under control. Only work in the morning and the run with the friend on the agenda for tomorrow so that should stay the same, fingers crossed.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That's great that the running is both therapeutic and social.
    I'm still plodding along - it's nice to run with OH as it's good to do something active together, and we keep each other going, and I love my running mum group as they're so inspiring and fun. I have no long distance plans however, this is just to do something different for exercise.
    I gave up my gym membership when I was getting rid of a debt a few years ago and there was only one class - which admittedly I did 3-4 times a week - that I missed. I've looked around and can't find anywhere that just does pay-for classes so I'm trying to buy a couple of DVDs but I'll miss the class atmosphere and getting in the zone of the exercise class where you just (try to) do what they say.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£325.00 (65%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£060.00 (13%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• mumblingtaff
    Hi Joey, I'm useless at exercise classes, I just don't have the coordination, whatever everyone else is doing I'm doing the opposite :)
    It's so expensive too - my local leisure centre does pay as you go classes but even those are £6-7 a go.

Been to work this morning, educating the masses ;) Had a meeting whilst there too so quite a productive morning.
    My work friend asked me if I'd like to go to the cinema tonight too but I've already committed to running with my new running friend so can't go - it seems it's all or nothing! Like buses.....feast or famine..... But at least I'm being invited to do things now, I must be looking more accessible these days ;)

Didn't sleep brilliantly at OHs last night so feeling a bit weary today but have things to do so will just get on with it. Can have an earlyish night to catch up.
    Going to do a bit of house tidying, an hour or two of work and walk the dog and meet up for running at 6.30. I'd like to cook something properly today too, maybe a spaghetti bolognese with quorn to use up some veg in the fridge. I usually make tons so there should be a couple of portions for the freezer for when I'm back at work and come home starving and eat the nearest thing - it might make me stick to the diet better too.
  • mumblingtaff
    Been for a run with new running buddy and we ended up going for a coffee afterwards - she's really easy to talk to, is going through some difficult times in her relationship too and we seem to have a lot in common. Another positive has come out of making the effort to join the club :)

Working again tomorrow morning but no big plans after that. Will try to be home by 1pm - fingers crossed I can escape at a reasonable time.
    Diet has gone well today - good job really as I had some wine last night so need to compensate for that..... I didn't have too much, just 3 medium glasses, but I could feel it this morning and it's made me realise that not drinking makes me feel better. I've really cut right down over the past two weeks and haven't really missed it. Hope I can keep it up when I'm back at work and don't slip back into the "glass or two after a hard days work" habit.

My work friend texted today too and asked if I'd like to go out soon for a meal and few drinks again - we did it a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed myself so will definitely repeat it. It seems that all of a sudden I'm developing an independent social life away from OH and it's a really positive feeling. I'm making progress.... ;)
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Loving your last post MT, the postivitity shines through. xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03/£2000 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6523.98/£15,000
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 15 April 2018 at 9:01PM
    MeandO wrote: »
    Loving your last post MT, the postivitity shines through. xx

Thank you MeandO! Feeling quite positive :)

Been to work from 8.30-1.30 this morning, had meetings all morning and got a lot done. Need to write it all up over the weekend - lots of boring number crunching but necessary.....
    It's been pouring down all morning so I feel like I haven't wasted any "good holiday" time. It's stopped now but really damp out - will take the dog for a big walk later for some fresh air.

Need to make a list of things to do this weekend so here goes...

1. Type up year 11 data doc -done
    2. Type up year 10 data doc - done
    3. Create new year 7-9 data doc - done
    4. Create some yr 11 revision resources - done enough for this comings week
    5. Write review doc - done
    6. Hoover and dust - done
    7. Clean bathrooms - done
    8. Hoover out car - done and car washed it too
    9. Do grocery shopping - done
    10. Do run on Friday/Saturday - done 4.5km
    11. Running club Sunday morning - done
    12. 2 loads of washing - one load done so far
    13. Get work clothes ready
    14. Cancel dog haircut - done
    15. Get photographs taken
    16. Send off passport and driving licence paperwork
    17. Clean wooden floors - done
    18. Get old car valeted- car wash man can do it on Monday, dropping off tomorrow
    19. Phone mum - done
    20. Try to finish new book
    21. Tidy out car boot
    22. Buy new foundation (nearly empty) -]done
    23. Cut grass if it ever dries out - done
    24. Batch cook something - done
    25. Clean fridge and microwavedone fridge
    26. Job application

Hmmm....when you write it all down it looks like loads!!! Will do my best to get through it all - good job I like being busy.... ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Morning!
    Had some really strange vivid dreams last night - kept waking me up so feeling a bit weary this morning. Never mind, I'm sure I'll be fine once I get going. Was supposed to see OH but he cried off so I stayed in, watched TV and went to bed with my book. He texted about a million times last night afterwards so I'm not sure what's going on there? Whatever it is I'm not letting it change my plans or affect my day and mood.

Have a lot to do this weekend (just look at the list!) so need to be organised. Will start the day with a dog walk in the park and will pop into sainsburys for some groceries as its very close to the park. Then, on the way home, I'll Hoover out the car and put petrol in and see if they can valet the old car.
    That will tick off a couple of jobs from the list. Will decide on the next tasks after they're done.....
    Right, better get changed and get cracking!
  • mumblingtaff
    Had a mad couple of hours getting some of the jobs done - taken the dog to his favourite park, did the grocery shopping at sainsburys (£44 spent including £8 for new foundation), put petrol in, got £50 cash out, hoovered car and wiped down all of the surfaces, car washed the car, arranged valet for old car for Monday (dropping it off tomorrow), cleaned the fridge out and put the shopping away, cleaned the kitchen and sorted the bins. Phew....!!!
    All by 10.30 :)

Going to go for a run in a bit and put some washing in afterwards, then phone mum to get a couple more things sorted. Want to get as much done this morning as possible so I can have something free time later .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure