Debt free living and looking to the future.

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    :hello: hello, you mentioned elsewhere about wanting a blueberry bush - they had them in the gardening bit of our £shop this morning. Worth a look? Certainly better than the £8 the big chain garden centre wanted this morning!
  • Congrats on all the eBay sales.

Hope you had a nice time in town Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Morning.

Last day of the school holidays where i'm not running around so we are having a chilled day at home, DH is at the dentist this afternoon fingers crossed he doesn't need anything doing. I will send him to the PO with a couple of e bay parcels to save me a trip out.
    Finances have been checked this morning and a DD for £32 has gone out, I also put £20 of fuel in car yesterday so need to update my outgoings, couple of bits on e bay ending today which currently have bids at £10 so that wil be a bit more for the pot, counted up brown change jar and bagged £7 up will pay that in next time I'm near the bank.
    Also bought DS a couple of birthday bits to open which I need to wrap, he wants money as most teenagers do but I like the children to at least have something small to open, we are also off to the museum of science and industry in Manchester tomorrow, I had offered to pay to go to chill factore but DS chose the museum, which is must cheaper as the museum is free I will leave a token payment though, he then wants to go to Maccy d for lunch. Then home for mum's curry and naan bread and a birthday cake, much cheaper than his sisters meal out, but this is what DS wants bless him.

Sun is shining and a nice breeze is blowing so I have pegged out and have another load in washing, need to make some soup today with some bendy carrots which I will freeze and will do for my lunches next week, found a couple of bits in the freezer for meals for next weeks meal plan, pork steaks, fish and burgers so that's the beginning of 3 meals, I will need to get DH to get more milk and bread whilst he is out this afternoon we are going through so much with the kids being off school, DS is constantly eating either cereal or cheese toasties.

Outgoings -

Bills (direct debit) £51
    Food (eating from stores as much as possible) £300/£61.15.
    Tutor £156.
    Fuel £100/£35
    Weekend away £250
    Total £760.85

To do today-
    Finances
    ebay listing/packing.
    Washing
    surveys
    yoga at some point.
    Soup
    Wrap DS presents.
    paint another kitchen door.
    Make choc tiffin.

To do this week
    Ebay listing
    Surveys
    General housework.
    Paint kitchen units/cupboards.
    Finish paperwork.

Finances today
    0p TT to general savings.
    Grocery budget April £300/£61.15
    NSD 3
    personnel spends
    Make £300/ £140
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Quick update before I grab some lunch, item sold on e bay making me £5 and 2 more items ending later which currently have bids of £7 between them. 3 loads of washing done, made tiffin which is setting In the fridge. 3rd load of washing is on and 2 loads are hung on the line just hope they dry. ebay parcels have been wrapped and ready to go when DH goes to the dentist.

Finances today
    Grocery budget April £300/£61.15
    NSD 3
    personnel spends
    Make £300/ £145
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • , didn't manage to get on yesterday as it was DS birthday, we had a lovely day together at the museum he loved seeing the space capsule that Tim peake returned to Earth in, we then had maccy d for lunch and curry and cake for tea, not the healthiest food day but that's what birthdays are about.
    I realised going down the motorway that I had forgotten to take chicken out of the freezer for tea so had to nip to Sainsbury's on the way home so £12.40 spent on a top up shop.

So onto Today, it is blinking miserable and chucking it down, we are talking my grandma to a local garden centre which will be nice to potter around but I must be mindful and not spend money.
    Over the last couple of days I have made another £25 on ebay and redeemed 1000 nectar points from e rewards, I will turn them into ebay voucher. Also received a £3 arcadia voucher for a survey I did but no idea on what or when, anyway its a bonus.

Meals today - breakfast cinnamon bagels, lunch we are out and weather is pants so maybe soup at the garden centre caf!?! Tea - pork burgers, wedges and peas.

Outgoings -

Bills (direct debit) £51
    Food (eating from stores as much as possible) £300/£73.55.
    Tutor £156.
    Fuel £100/£35
    Weekend away £250
    Total £748.45

To do today-
    Finances
    ebay listing/packing.
    Washing 1 load dry on airer due to weather
    surveys
    yoga at some point.
    tidy downstairs.

To do this week
    Ebay listing
    Surveys
    General housework.
    Finish paperwork.

Finances today
    Grocery budget April £300/£73.55
    NSD 3
    personnel spends
    Make £300/ £165
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning Pennywise,

Im glad DS had a lovely day out yesterday, birthdays are allll about the food for me :rotfl:.

Enjoy your potter round the garden centre today xx
    Mummytogirls x

• kerron7
    kerron7 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Glad to hear DS had a nice day, slightly jealous about the MDs for some reason I've been thinking about Big Macs all week and then I remember I have to weigh in at fat club booo!
    Emergency Fund - £50/£500
  • I've somehow 'broken' our tumble drier - we are also now using airer and radiators - DH can't cope with it! He loves his tumble drier. It eats money though. I can't wait for the sunshine - I can start pegging out again, I'm well jell that you've been able to peg out! It's been foggy and drizzly for days here. I'm getting used to crispy towels dried on the pipes.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Glad you had a nice day out. Well done on the sales!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    pennywisepoundstupid Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 16 April 2018 at 7:01AM
    Thanks all, last couple of days seem to have been a whirlwind of visiting family and getting ready to go back to school/work but during all that something strange has happened to me I've realised I need to be kind to myself and that its ok to say no and its ok to spend some time on myself and that i'm doing the best I can, it's ok not to get everything done in a day and it's ok for the house not to be spotless, I feel as though a weight has lifted and it feels good.

So didn't get on yesterday as the weather was beautiful and spent it out in the garden, just pottering about getting bits tidied up. DH planted my rhubarb and raspberries, so hopefully they will grow well. would love to get a blue berry bush and a blackcurrant bush but will need to see if pennies will stretch next month to this.

Speaking of pennies, ebay has gone a bit nuts and I have made lots of sales this weekend I currently have £230 and my Grandma gave me 25 Euros so i'm hopeful I will hit my £300 target by Friday.

Been to Mr S this morning and spent £60.25 after £9 off voucher, we are still eating out of the freezer, so I hope to stay under the grocery budget this month. It's also my birthday later this week and DH is taking me out to my favourite little pub for a meal so didn't need to meal plan for that evening.

Outgoings -

Bills (direct debit) £51
    Food (eating from stores as much as possible) £300/£133.80
    Tutor £156.
    Fuel £100/£35
    Weekend away £250
    Total £748.45

To do today-
    Finances
    ebay packing.
    Washing 1 load dry on airer due to weather
    surveys
    yoga at some point.
    Get organised for work/school.
    Make lasagne and scones.

To do this week
    Ebay listing
    Surveys
    General housework.
    Finish paperwork.
    Fill out cricket form for DS

Finances today
    Grocery budget April £300/£133.80
    NSD 3
    personnel spends
    Make £300/ £230 + 25 euros
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure