PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning from the early train - 2 six o'clock starts in one week is a shock :p

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Made soup from some odds and ends that needed using and some stock from the freezer.
    2. Watched call the midwife from the sunday before last
    3. had left over lamb for dinner - no prep and delicious
    4. my dad's ashes are back home. A strange pleasure I know but there was a confusion as to where they were. We need to arrange for his and mum's to be scattered now - she has been in a cupboard waiting for him. I've never liked that and I would have scattered hers before but dad didn't want to.
    5. Spent part of the day transcribing the interview i'd done on Monday - the voice recognition software translated "but whole industries" into "Butthole industries" :rotfl:

Have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    Tuesday pleasures,

A mixed bag weather wise, several snow storms but bright sunshine as well.

Went into Cbridge, picked up some curtains and lampshades for the dining room.

Very interested in a Uni of Cbridge / CFAS role, hours to suit and in my area, first thing have seen in ages which sparked interest so will apply.

Driving home from the stables at 16.30 and sun still up and bright in the sky.

Men from the Ministry R4x made us chuckle, a recorded episode of 24 hours in A&E made me cry.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,564 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 1:20PM
    What is 'safe mode', & asked new nokia3. No answer.
    Continued with big post-brekkie post. Disappeared.
    Snarl...again.
    Tried to say as much, but that didn't post either.
    Suspect nokia3 really considers &squat notspot unfit for purpose. & agrees.
    Just rang National Art Fund via saynoto0870, to say 'plus 1 memshp, with extra 38DD£s was never &', as & has had no relevant +1 living for 20 yrs. One scripty-speak 'Arstin', female [asked her to please speak to me, not read] said & was to send pic of cut-up card as 'proof of downgraded memshp'. & courteously advised 'downgraded' was not the correct adjective; 'amended' is. Yes, bop and vjm, alt spellings of Arstin?....
    She eventually speaked as/wot should:-)))
    #
    Desktop cranked to life now. Will & try and re-write?
    Won't be same, but nevvy mind.
    #
    1. Did say it was good to read some lightenings of tone chez pk, vjm, skint, lainey, mhags[old-style spelling, n.b.:-)],frith.
    mhags - don't know if you saw &'s earlier remark that 'twas just same, altho' didn't have to change i.d. Not a dicky bird, acknowledgment, apology from mse. Had resorted to mob and town of gown library in interim.
    Currently, can't understand all the !!!!8217's, or whatever they are, all over the place.
    You are right, pk, re: glitches, but have to add a Wow! re: your friend's earrings!!!

2. Into the soup[another here, vjm]went all things rtc: turnips, carrots, tatoes cooked and raw and magnificently ancient, end of some chopped toms concoction, 3 leeks recognisably trunky, little gem lettuce. It's blitzed, gorgeous, more-ish and more-ish. In full confidence, & declares it a bop Proper Food Award Medaille d'Or[bop lurves français]. So there.
    Fear not, &'s is all Proper Foods here.

3. Ironically ironed during several hrs of wimmin's suffrage centenary[NOT Universal, please note, UK] Yes, b+itch duties aka rugby club teatowels done, those that could be saved, plus others acquired on & travels, always do this:-) plus 42 barmats. An npd until then, but took the unwieldy crate along, arriving with 1st weekday training well underway. Great to see all lights blazing, parking crammed, pitches vastly teeming, young and old, female and male, family support like matchdays.
    Being always warmly thanked is nice, too.

4. A msg. Who knows? Things past can't un-be, but....

5. Lainey, was Men from the Ministry the Barbary Ape/Gibraltar person one? Still loving the Josephine Tey here.
    Was also still ironing, no longer quite so ironically in rugby terms, but silk scarf-ily+one wool+one Donegal tweed. A dozen-ish, ex Reims/Paris, '50s, all hand-painted, some signed, a couple numbered. Couldn't have the b/w pics showing them in use on Great Houses Fashion Mode catwalks, for which each had been commissioned and produced. Let's see what happens at Spits....
    if Meriva can move come icy 0230h demain.
    #
    Safe days to all. Be warm. Love and load all your Memory Banks. Precious cargo.
    #
    Will & add no heating, no hot water since last night AGAIN??????
    & is old-style, not huge user, hwb-reliant, but still needs SOME utilities. esp. after new hospital blahblah letter, appt now ff'd>Friday early.
    Must & phone these blasted Vailliant uselessnesses again? F22 intermittently flashing. 'F' means Fault. Looks as if youtube is offering choice of plumbing stars. Needs to be re-pressurised, apparently....
    On verra.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    Certainly was &, also caught some of the J Tey and have to confess looked up Crowland reference after mention of Ely...
  • 5 looks like I has to work another month then to cover my loss on the pension. First slight dip since 2008 and 1987. Never mind, I probably have to as well to pay for another trip! Tomorrow is another day and …Thirst though this week is a trip to the dump on Saturday! Of curse, snorkers will be eaten as well that day!

4 I have upset some fiends on Buck of face. The Gimps are going to London! That upset a few!

3 Flicks of Net was watched last eve, Mr Deeds, with wobbleade and a festival of snacks, scotch egg, cheese, and nuts! If you are partial to cats, please avoid! Not!

2 Last night we had soup, a ready meal fro the batch of soup BoP did a few tweaks back. Nice and tasty, served with chunky bread, and butter. Real food again! And no need to got to the emporium and buy their carp!

Unlike other versions of the Life of BoP, you get it thirst here!

If you were affected by BoP losses on his pension yesterday; that he has to weight on his feet another month, please remember that tomorrow will eventually come, he will eat another snorker and get over it. Meanwhile please send wobbleade chits so BoP can tip them into the glass.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,564 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 1:21PM
    I've noticed the 'Croyland' pronunciation, too, but remember meeting grandmother's exceedingly elderly, deaf brother, Harold [plus ditto black Lab], at first UK crimbo, on that ancient family farm.
    Seem to recall Nana and he both saying that, not as spelt. Another memory, too, of &'s ma, getting stuck into person who had insinuated herself, thus usurped/stolen family lands there. Going along to Abbey later, met Vicar who did much looking up, found marriages etc, He said 'Croyland', too and set us off to meet other family farmers of Nana's maiden name, unusual, but common around there.
    More Fens...strange to be not so far from it all, after so much else.
    Not the 1st time I've thought this.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• For Wednesday, another perishingly cold day and heating's been on all day.

Doggy walk in the snow.

Made pancakes for kids breakfasts.

Went to T. Had a £4 off £40 spend & then £8.50 off in vouchers. Got a lot for my money.

Much sweeping & floor washing...sigh...muddy dog and muddy boy.
    Clean bathroom again...sigh...blooming bath bombs!

Quick chat to sister.

Sad face as DD1 leaves tomorrow so much gathering of stuff which is all over the place and trying to get washing dried .

Steak pie for tea ( bought! Couldn't tell you the last time I bought one! )
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    scotland does the best steak pies mhags our butchers has its own pieman
    oh no pk is now caught up in the apostrophe catastrophe
    So why is mc!!!!! profanity checked but not s!!!!horpe? answers on a postcard to bop (how did you do that bop? best i can manage is mcmaf1a
    for today
    1) meetings meetings but got some serious decisions made (some needing diplomacy, some needing research)
    2) eating lish lunch - hm slow cooked chicken and sweet potato casserole. i will have the last portion tomorrow
    3) being picked up by mrpiano on his way back from st andrews
    4) finding episodes of vera i had totally forgotten about on stv. i will be watching one tonight
    5) wrapping up warm to walk the dogs
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Scunthorpe. Don't mind me, I'm experimenting.

Look closely at the formatting of the letters. Pleased to see that I've escaped the apostrophe apocalypse, so far.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Unfortunately McMafia didn't appeal, Peaky Blinders was my dose of gratuitous violence series, and that's only because Mum in law was in it.
    Thanks to all the interest in Jessie, I've re-linked with my children's second cousin via FB. Her Dad was my proxy Dad in law, when my Dad in law died. Thrilled about this.

I said to her that a good storyline for the next - final?- series would be a gang of Glasgow brothers coming down to Birmingham. Jessie falls for Walter (FiL), and Tommy gets green eyes. Walter would be James McAvoy, but I wondered who would play her Dad.

Her reply made me laugh -"I would suggest Idris Elba, but I think there may be casting issues".
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback