Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well stone me! I finally got one. A real one, not just a lying pop up. Nearly ran out of time, too so had to rush it. I hate not doing the best I can but if they don't give you thinking time, what can you do?

Have yet to figure out how to copy and paste from this new site. It was a household expenditure one.
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Have yet to figure out how to copy and paste from this new site

Smodlet - not sure whether you mean copying and pasting your Prolific ID.

If it is, after reserving your place in a study, click on your ID, (right-hand side) and press copy.

HTH
  • Any chance of a civil answer here?
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Another one I'm not eligible for -

iOS Memory Game 2
    Available Places : 500/500
    Avg. Completion Time : 10mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £9.31/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: £9.31/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 30mins
    Reward: £ 1.55
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Any chance of a civil answer here?

Hi Urbanosprey, sorry can't help with your query.
  • Smodlet
    edited 28 July 2018 at 6:21PM
    libra10 wrote: »
    Smodlet - not sure whether you mean copying and pasting your Prolific ID.

If it is, after reserving your place in a study, click on your ID, (right-hand side) and press copy.

HTH

No, libra10, I meant to tell you guys on here about the study. It is, of course, a closely guarded secret that I am somewhat, ahem, :o technically challenged :D but even I have mastered copying and pasting my ID, thank you kindly. :rotfl: It gives you a little button with Copy written on it... Wonder what genius spent months dreaming that one up.
  • I've already seen on this thread discussed what alerts everyone uses..anyone can see it.I just thought any new info would be useful.been doing prolific for years.
  • Smodlet
    I've already seen on this thread discussed what alerts everyone uses..anyone can see it.I just thought any new info would be useful.been doing prolific for years.

Every, single pop up I have had since I was forced on to this plaguey new site has been for a study I can't do so the Prolific Assistant seems to have gone the way of all obsolete software. PA did say their new site might not be compatible with any of the alerts we use. Here's hoping someone comes up with one that works otherwise it's back to the old fashioned way, it seems.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Every, single pop up I have had since I was forced on to this plaguey new site has been for a study I can't do so the Prolific Assistant seems to have gone the way of all obsolete software. PA did say their new site might not be compatible with any of the alerts we use. Here's hoping someone comes up with one that works otherwise it's back to the old fashioned way, it seems.

Yes, but I would rather it pop up something then nothing, as then I cast a glance towards the tab when otherwise I might not. I think its more useful then not in that regard, but not as useful as before.

To be fair you cant really blame prolific if a third party extension no longer works with their site.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Smodlet
    mikep22 wrote: »
    Yes, but I would rather it pop up something then nothing, as then I cast a glance towards the tab when otherwise I might not. I think its more useful then not in that regard, but not as useful as before.

To be fair you cant really blame prolific if a third party extension no longer works with their site.

Covered that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure