Partial settled and charge order

Hello 1 and all

Please would some one be able to help me
Ive been on a dmp since 2010 and have come to the end of it cause i phoned the creditors (nationwide and egg) to ask for an settlement amount to which i agreed and had letters stating that they are going to be put as an partial settled and account closed will this be flagged on credit file from default date or settlement date so be on my credit file for another 6 years. One of the creditors got an charging order on my property in 2011 of which they said have been removed at the land registry office now that the account been partial settled and closed and am wondering what to do next as we are looking to remortgage for home improvements will these cause a problem when trying to get a remortgage.
I have had a look at my credit report and not showing anything apart from the mortgage we have at the moment so am confused?
Any help sincerly appreciated
Many thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Your accounts will have dropped off 6 years from default.
  • Many thanks for the reply Do you know what i should do about the charging order?
  • [Deleted User]
    You said it had been removed. Is that not the case?
  • As far as i aware they are supposed to send me information on going to the court to get the charging order closed but because i paid a partial settlement the only remove from the land registry not the courts for what i understand untill i pay in full so this is why im confused and need help tried looking on internet but am still confused?
  • [Deleted User]
    Charging orders only exist at the land registry, not credit files.

Credit files only show debts and credit history.
  • cjmillsnun
    cjmillsnun Posts: 615 Forumite
    You need to get a copy of the title register for your property from the Land Registry.

This can be done online at https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry.

You should see a charge on your property for the mortgage, and if there is another charging order it will also be on there.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure