PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ^ Never tried it with brie, may borrow that idea! I'd probably stick the whole lot in the sandwich toaster too..

Lazy meal tonight, shattered after this week - nipped in M&S and bought some of their Moroccan houmous on the way home, had some Organico spelt breadsticks from Ocado and made a cheese salad to go with it as had a veg box delivery today.

I need to learn how to make breadsticks... they were lovely.
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Hey guys, where has Flo got to?

Seems im having another unintentional veggie day, porridge for breakfast, burrito from the freezer for lunch and some of the creamy kale and veg pasta for dinner, I ate all the chicken wings yesterday, they were so good!
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Hi all,

Well my 'throw anything that doesn't look like it might kill me into the oven and call it dinner' was reasonably successful. Still got a few slimy bits of salad to go but will munch them in a sandwich tomorrow, probably with the eggs that I STILL haven't managed to eat.

Confession time though, I went to get some nice healthy salad from the supermarket but came back with some orange and passionfruit jaffa cake type things instead. I know, I know, not exactly healthy or MSE is it. I am ashamed of myself :o But on the plus side they had two types of fruit flavour so must count as two of my five a day.

Saw a post from MrsF elsewhere here where she mentioned toothache so I hope she is doing OK. I guess toothache would put you off eating until it was better (I'm in the very fortunate position of never having had toothache in all my 49 years so don't really know!)
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The thread feels like there's something missing without Flo's nightly photo..

Older - if it helps you feel less guilty, I had half a bar of G&B choc after my salad tonight :o
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    I miss Florence's pictures too but she is card making a go go on the crafting board so hopefully she is OK. Out: milk, 3 slices of bread, lamb curry, stewed apricots.
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Older don't feel bad, I succumbed to a chines rice, crisps and cookies, although I still have cookies and crisps left.

My cheat day was Tuesday lol back on the band wagon tomorrow for me.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Evening all :)

Well I am a bit relieved to hear I'm not the only person who can't resist the occasional chocolate or sweetie! I could just fancy some G&B choc or some cookies about now. Will have to console myself with the first milky drink of the day as the cupboards are now completely bare.

I've had tedious meals today as I've been trying to eat up leftovers before I go away for the next few days. So I've finished the slimy salad, slightly stale bread etc and am looking forward to some decent meals over the next few days at my Dad's (my Dad is a pretty good cook, but hasn't quite learned the knack of portion control so always makes enough for a small army:rotfl:) He lives in a seaside town with lots of little tea shops too so no doubt there will be a cream tea consumed at some point.

Hope you're all OK, it has gone awfully quiet here (in fact I wondered if I had accidently gone on to the competitions board when I first opened the 'Groceries and Shopping' board today...:D)
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am around. Been a mega busy time here. I am not used to gallivanting out at night - been out 5 nights out of 7! There was an African choir at my Church last Sunday evening. Then a local Church had a week of events. I went with Mr F on Wednesday - then he went off on a business trip to London. So I went on my own for the next two evenings. I did know people who were there - MR F was back to go with me on Saturday evening. So I am a bit shattered.
    I have been making cards. Also offered to sew story sacks for Church - thought it would be a few - then told -they want 32. Yesterday I found out - they want 200. I am sewing the bags but not making the contents! Total made so far - 10 bags.
    Been eating lovely meals but too tired/rushed for photos. There were gorgeous canapes/wine/soft drinks/cakes at the meetings this week - must weigh myself!
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/253
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £45.77/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I made my first Impossible Pie. It was so easy and yummy.
    [IMG][/img]ImpossiblePie_zps645579e2.jpg
    [IMG][/img]Saturdaysdinner_zpsd7ce43fa.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/253
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £45.77/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,675 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Florenceem wrote: »
    I made my first Impossible Pie. It was so easy and yummy.
    [IMG][/img]ImpossiblePie_zps645579e2.jpg
    [IMG][/img]Saturdaysdinner_zpsd7ce43fa.jpg

Oooh could I have the recipe please? The only Impossible Pie recipes I have seen are dessert ones and I can't imagine serving a portion up with veg and wedges! Yours looks so tasty. Is it sort of like a frittata?
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback