PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i got a lovely maxi skirt with a great tiedye pattern on it....i saw one online at m and s last year very similar for £40 this one was £6 so a bit of a saving just a year late
    onwards and upwards
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 June 2014 at 2:14PM
    Options
    I just walked up to our local branch library and there's a small local charity shop nearby.

I called, not expecting anything, but found a Boden grey/white striped hoody with pink fasteners for £5.75. A bit expensive but loads less than the new UK price (which I think is about £40-45.)

It looks like this only my 'trim' is bright pink http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/400592977538?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108
  • Dazedandconfused
    Options
    I have had an amazing charity shop day.

I got a large tropical sea scape on canvas for £5 at kemp hospice. I have been after a large canvas for my living room for ages

I got an unworn pair of Clarks ankle boots from an animal charity shop in stourport for £4.99 - I looked them up and they are still available online for £60
    And a really nice summer skirt for £3

If anyone goes to stourport and needs a table there were some amazing quality tables and chairs in the children's charity shop (can't remember the name) in the middle of town near blunts. All too big for my tiny kitchen but ridiculously good value. Like £30-50 for table and chairs
  • ravingandsaving
    Options
    I found a beautiful Topshop polka dot dress this week for £2.99. Fits like a glove - couldn't be happier with it!
  • bendanmommy
    bendanmommy Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    We have got an ELC sandpit with a cover for £5, just need to get some sand now. Am really pleased as there was a sandpit in the same charity shop yesterday but by the time I had gone back it had been sold. The boys are so pleased with it :rotfl:
    We have got enough Nectar points to buy a new one but was hoping to carry on collecting those and get a second hand one, as if it only gets used for a couple of summers we haven't paid a lot for it.
  • jollymummy
    jollymummy Posts: 944 Forumite
    Options
    4 tops for work, 2x M & S, 1 x Wallis and 1x Jasper Conran, 3.25 each.
    Loved it when one of my quite posh colleagues admired them :)

Also bought 25 Happy Hands vintage craft mags for 10p each!!! Me and my Mum have had loads of fun looking at them.
    :hello:
    NSD 3/366
    4/366. 2016 Decluttering challenge
  • Alphamare
    Alphamare Posts: 701 Forumite
    Options
    I feel like I did extremely well today after not buying anything for months. Not for lack of looking!
    Got a bnwt summer top original price £60. Paid £10
    And at the same shop a lovely stretch denim Armani exchange jacket for £5!!! It's beautiful
    If you dont know where you are going... Any road will take you there :rotfl:
  • MessyTessie
    MessyTessie Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    I managed to update my summer wardrobe on a charity shop marathon with a friend on Thursday, 10 items for £30, hubby doesn't mind me shopping these days. We did a similar shop last autumn after a mass cull of worn out and ill fitting clothes and I replaced my winter wardrobe for £40.
  • gayle1
    gayle1 Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    going to start (for me)rags most of the time nice shops are just soo expensive esp for bigger sizes
  • got-it-spend-it
    got-it-spend-it Posts: 5,016 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought I was going to come home empty handed yesterday, but in the fifth and final CS I went in I found a stunning coral coloured Boden maxi dress in my size. It has a small tear in the seam on the back, but barely noticable and easily fixed. I paid £7.49 which I am ecstatic about, as they are £89 new.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport