A whole new world, for now

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just what you don't need before a holibob. Deep breath, relax and enjoy your time away....
    January spends - £587.58
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    What a week! I hope you manage to relax a bit while you are away.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Sorry a bit late to the party but I hope you and OH have a fab time.

The attempted break in is so distressing but the fact that the dog saw off the scumbags will mean you're not a soft touch and they won't be back.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in due course!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Oh my word! What a time you've been having. I hope things calm down and you get to enjoy your holiday.

Sending hugs

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hoping that you are having a fabarooni time.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Goodness, that was a heck of a post INOD. Sorry to hear bout the break in and am glad that your DS is OK. Scary.

Try to have a good holiday.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hope you are having/had a great holiday, INOD? Missing your posts, but holidays are not the time for MSE :D
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hope alls good with you x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope all is well in your world :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Well, I'm back from the longest post teen holiday of my life. I've confirmed that I don't like being away for so long. So, while I was away, I was contacted by my credit card company. My card had been scammed and it had to be cancelled. Cue major panic then the use of dh's. This has confirmed what I have believed. I've made money matters too easy for him. He really hasn't a clue as he doesn't need to have. He doesn't even know his statement date or the relevance of this to his spends!

While we were away,I did some work pretty much every day but some good things are emerging. It's all still a bit short term but bills will be paid for another few months. Yesterday I did some bits and pieces and today I'm at a client's from half ten to four. I may also have a meeting this evening but I'm waiting to hear back. Yesterday I also had my hair cut and coloured so that was £50 spent.
    I also spent a fair part of the day in a tail spin as I couldn't find my money book which has access codes for my banking on line. This was found around ten last night, it had slipped inside an a4 file. I almost wish I hadn't found it. Things will be ridiculously tight until July and then both children have their birthdays. I was so excited at the prospect of giving myself a wage. April and may have already been swallowed up. Sometimes I wonder what I'm working for. I'm 50, working long hours sometimes with lots of travel and can't even afford a pension contribution.

Also, we have committed to another trip in sept for a family wedding. We have used avios for the flights but there will still be the cost of the present, etc that we really could do without.

While we were away, we reached a decision about the house. We have a nice, fairly roomy home but it needs constant upkeep which it isn't getting. As a result, it gets me down. It is however the place my children grew up and is very much home to them. DS won't be back living here and dd moves to do her course / placement in England for 2 years in July. We are going down a love it or list it route. We have set ourselves a 1 year deadline. We either get it to be what we want to live in or we give ourselves one more year to get it market ready. That will mean that I will have 3 years of self employment so even if we have to get a mortgage, it should be feasible with dh's steady job record. It should also mean that we owe considerably less. Which reminds me, despite my lack of funds, I did a TT of 1.21 yesterday and updated my sig for both mortgage and savings.

Today, I will visit my mother and I'm dreading it. She is becoming increasingly detached and difficult. Sometimes I wonder why I bother as I've heard that she complains about how little I call. Apparently, my frequency matches that of the only other non retired sibling. Odd that. The fact that one of the retires visits only marginally more despite having free travel and lots of free time means that she makes a great effort. Right, here ends the pity party. I need to get going and get myself sorted if I'm going to earn some pennies.
    Today I am grateful for
    This place, where I can offload, catch up and be inspired
    My family's safety
    An outline plan
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback