Lost P60 & mortgages

Hi,

I have lost my P60 & need a copy to show a lender.

Has anyone heard of OSCP Online Store (os-payroll.co.uk)? Is it genuine? The company offers to print lost P60s to individuals as long as they can provide the relevant pay & tax information.

My employer changed their IT system for payroll at the end of March. I had saved my P60 on the desktop of my laptop, which has since died and the IT department wasn't able to recover any document saved on the hard-drive. My employer cannot provide another P60, but this business says that it can print P60 for £30. Is that a con?

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,762 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I guess if you tell someone all the information you want on it these days technology lets you print pretty much whatever you want, but I can't see that it would be legitimate.

If you have a month 12 / week 52 payslip that should have the same info on it as the P60 - would the lender accept that ?
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    So your current workplace can!!!8217;t get a copy of p60 but an outside conpany can. Doesn!!!8217;t that sound dodgy
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    You tell them the figures and they print them out. No one checks if they are correct. The same sort of companies will print out payslips based on your telling them your gross pay without asking any questions. You then hand the fake payslips to Mortgage lenders to get a bigger mortgage than you could otherwise. It's a grey area for the companies doing this as there is no legal requirement for them to check anything although they know full well a lot of requests are for fraudulent purposes. For the individual giving false figures it is fraud.
    In the OPs case where he just needs a reprint it would not be fraud but the lender certainly wants an original P60 and if they realise its a reprint they may treat it as fraud even if the figures are correct. IMO its not worth it.
    Tell the lender the P60 is not available and see what else they may accept instead, week 52 payslip springs to mind.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'd suggest you ask your lender if they will accept a March / week 52 payslip, or alternatively a letter from your employer confirming your earnings for the year.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Miu_J wrote: »
    Hi,

I have lost my P60 & need a copy to show a lender.

Has anyone heard of OSCP Online Store (os-payroll.co.uk)? Is it genuine? The company offers to print lost P60s to individuals as long as they can provide the relevant pay & tax information.

My employer changed their IT system for payroll at the end of March. I had saved my P60 on the desktop of my laptop, which has since died and the IT department wasn't able to recover any document saved on the hard-drive. My employer cannot provide another P60, but this business says that it can print P60 for £30. Is that a con?

They have to keep PAYE records for rather longer than a month!

So -

Though they are not obliged to issue a replacement P60 it is legitimate for them to do so (though it would not for them to issue a duplicate P45). They should mark the P60 as a duplicate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure