ERUDIO student loans help

Comments

• They’re requesting the full amount
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Impossible to say, but they are allowed to ask for full payment I think. You really need to get written confirmation from them as to exactly the state of your account asap.

e: just saw your extra posts. Are you talking to them right now?
  • No, I’m going to email and see where I stand. Thanks for the advice.
  • Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    No, I’m going to email and see where I stand. Thanks for the advice.

They'll lie to you, they only care about getting money out of you.

Get some proper independent advice.
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • Lungboy
    Will the GDPR have any impact on our dealings with Erudio? The SLC have a GDPR statement on their website, but Erudio don't have a single mention that I can find.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Surely GDPR only applies to a company which is regulated. They appear to avoid regulation and therefore would see no need to comply. How can a government sell student loans to a company that is unregulated?
  • Lungboy wrote: »
    So it begins....deferment paperwork sent off. Let's see what fun stuff happens this year.
    Lungboy wrote: »
    Deferment confirmed with no issues :O I can't help but feel unsettled, as though something bad is about to happen.

You got a deferment accepted and confirmed 5 days after applying, am I reading that right? And that was done by post? Never known Erudio to be that efficient! :rotfl:

Did they send you a paper copy of the deferment for unprompted?

I still haven't had any response to my deferment application that I sent them last August. No acknowledgement, accepetance, nothing. Not even arrears notices!
  • Lungboy
    You got a deferment accepted and confirmed 5 days after applying, am I reading that right? And that was done by post? Never known Erudio to be that efficient! :rotfl:

Did they send you a paper copy of the deferment for unprompted?

I still haven't had any response to my deferment application that I sent them last August. No acknowledgement, accepetance, nothing. Not even arrears notices!

I do it all by email. Yes, they sent the deferment form in the post unprompted and on time to the day. It's a strange new world and I don't like it.
  • ColonelKurtz
    ColonelKurtz Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 22 May 2018 at 11:02AM
    erudio contacted me and as i aint working at present i need to defer it

i got a copy of the erudio loan instruction for filling the form off the internet

it says i my esa isnt included but i need to tell them how much and how often fair enough

but it says i dont need to send them evidence of it, thats a bit of weird thing

i never read this whole thread but i take it they are playing funny !!!!!!s and supplying missleading contradicting information all over the place then when you follow the instructions they refuse deferment ?

im not getting into a fight with them over this my health isnt the best and i could do without the worry of them not allowing my deferment

it seems over the top though at the end of filling in the online form they say the want bank account statement, benefit award letter details of my tsb dd £5 a month reward and debit card £5 a month reward details

all of these things are on my bank statement ?

and although i would love to blnk out my expenditures through my bank account i see a few pages ago that financil services ombudsman has up held that the loanee is not allowed to blank out expenditures

its a joke but hey im not in a fit state to fight with them over their misleading and contradictory advice by form which differs from their online dictact at the end of the form and no doubt would be different again if i had to contact them via the phone, so i'll try and do as they say and see what happens
  • erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As far as i know, you can blank out anything on a bank statement unrelated to Erudio..just leave date, name, account number and balance.
    Concerning the GDPR, Erudio are one in need of scrutiny, especially Arrow Global's database (where it sells access to data it has gathered via all of its accounts and purchasing of companies on all its victims) run on Experian's platform . I long have suspected that if it were possible to get to the bottom of it, that Erudio has sold data to private companies that we gave to the government in confidence when we agreed to our loans. I dont know the law or ins and outs but i am sure there is something out there that makes this borderline illegal...and potentially compensatable.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback