Can I reopen old claim

I made a claim against Lloyd’s in 2014 for a platinum account which I was told I had to open in order to get an overdraft. At the time they refunded me £575 this was despite me actually paying a total of £1684 over the years I had the account. I vaguely remember them saying to me that I had used the breakdown cover once. But I was never able to use any of the other covers. The account also had something called sentinel card protection???

Anyway - I was a bit naive back then and bullied into accepting their settlement of £575. Having done a lot of reading I now can’t help but feel this was not a fair settlement at all!

Can I reopen the claim or start a new one?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Can I reopen the claim or start a new one?

No.

Your complaint was answered and you agreed to the settlement.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Kingtalk wrote: »
    I was a bit naive back then and bullied into accepting their settlement of £575.
    How exactly were you "bullied"? The Bank obviously offered a part refund on the basis that you used (some) of the benefits of the account. Their offer letter would have been in no way intimidatory and you would also have been informed that, if you remained dissatisfied, you had six months in which to reject the offer and refer your complaint to the Ombudsman.

It's far too late for regret now , I'm afraid.

Your complaint was concluded in 2014 when you accepted a full and final settlement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure