PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    How's everyone doing post-storm ? Hope you're not having too many probs. It's half term here so not as bad as it could have been.

There are a few wheelie bins sans lids in my road and both neighbours have damaged gardens but OH's prep worked :)

My mother had a power cut; we didn't but OH only managed to get 1/3rd of the way to work by train. Evidently Network Rail has removed over 100 trees from lines already and there's a skeleton service to London but not on his line. So he'll be able to claim compensation on the Delay Repay scheme :) He's working from home for the rest of the day.

Abel & Cole delivered so I've got milk and eggs now :T

IN freezer
    Burgen loaf
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ^ Impressive A&C got through! I saw Riverford (and my local box scheme farm) both had their polytunnels ripped apart.

Quite a few trees down in this borough - I am just debating going as far as the postbox though torrential rain at the moment. Am delaying going into town till tomorrow, not worth the risk. My parents' road is totally blocked by a tree. My poor gpig was so traumatised that I moved the cage to a different part of the room (away from the window) he couldn't even eat anything!! He is very sensitive to change..

I have plenty of food in, dinner tonight either using up veg and tofu or maybe corn on the cob and tofu sausages, will decide later what I fancy.
  • want2Bfrugal
    Options
    OUT - rabbit stew, mash potato and Ox cheek stew

In - nothing - :cool:
    'If you are not in the 'arena' also getting your a55 kicked then, I'm not interested in your feedback.' Thank you.
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    We fared pretty well in the storm, I think we just got the tail end of it.

Nothing in or out today as out with work. Really down to the bare bones of the freezer, hardly anything left in there. so really need to stock up for winter now!
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OUT - rabbit stew,
    In - nothing - :cool:

Rabbit stew - I love that, unfortunately rabbits are pretty thin on the ground here as we have the ferret men in and they clear the lot. I keep hinting that I would love one or two...... but I think they go hard of hearing!!!!!!

Freezer nothing in or out, all out of the fridge tonight.
  • sharond101
    Options
    Yesterday out: cooked chicken legs, 3 packs of YS braising steak
    In: nothing

Today out: portion of HM vegetable lasagne for tonight dinner, portion of HM soup for Oh's lunch, 1 portion HM puff pastry
    In: 4 portions of steak pie from braising steak
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,925 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In to freezer - 5 whoops salmon.
    Out of freezer - 1 muffin + 2 pasties + cheddar cheese + sausage rolls.
    Last night we had - HM carrot & onion quiche + HM wedges + cauliflower + carrots for dinner.
    Mondaysdinner_zps3c772aeb.jpg
    Been really busy today - quick dinner - pastie + HM wedges + carrots, leek & swede.
    Tuesdaysdinner_zps382af782.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/300
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £51.35/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    OH ate the last sausages and chips out the freezer last night.

Fish cakes out today, with HM wedges and pretty much the freezer is empty!

Just placed an order online, and hopefully there will be no need to buy much before the middle of the month (I hope)
  • want2Bfrugal
    Options
    Out - yet another pack of pasta :o Keen to make the effort - the pasta mountain is disappearing at a descent rate now. This also means that I have managed to keep within budget this month. Double fantastic :T

In - nothing as yet
    'If you are not in the 'arena' also getting your a55 kicked then, I'm not interested in your feedback.' Thank you.
  • Mrs_Rachel_Trelfa
    Options
    Finally finished the shoulder of lamb. Ended up having roast on Sunday, lamb curry and rice Monday, a cheese crust lamb and tomato bake thing yesterday and I have leftovers of that for my lunch today. So nothin out of the freezer for that last few days :( but deffo saving the pennies with how little those meals have cost. Busy out and about this evening but have eggs and milk that need using so thinkin if doing savory pancakes but don't know any recipes.

Can any of you lovely people help? Have mushrooms that have seem better days so would like to use them if there is a way?
    House purchased November 2013
    Original MF Date: January 2045 - £104,400
    Current MF Date: April 2030- £48,719. 75
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family