PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 18 May 2017

Options

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Thinking of you Nels xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It rained all day yesterday, Scampi spent most of the day on the sofa. I pottered about until miss tru came home for lunch, then we both joined him on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The sun is shining so we'll go for a walk at about 9.30am, once the roads are quiet. I have some work to do this morning, that'll keep me busy til lunchtime. The weather has been great for the garden, I have lots of spinach and salad leaves to pick. And the houseplants have got out of hand lately, so I'll be spending the afternoon trying to control things in pots :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Nelski my FiL & MiL's (both in their 80's) clothes all went to their local Salvation Army branch for distribution within their wider area. Maybe that is possible near your parents' home?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning (((((((((( hugs)))))))))) if you need one, especially Nelski and her family. Such a difficult time for you all.

Really getting cheesed off with the BP thing, being tethered to it for 3 hours morning and evening is no fun. Tomorrow it will not get done in the morning, we have to leave here just after 7.30. Will be travelling through the rush hour on the M roads round Birmingham.

It looks to be a sunny morning, so towels in the washer later, also need to flick the duster round and Hoover the carpet. The kitchen floor could do with cleaning too.

Spaghetti Bol tonight, have tha sauce to cook, need to get the mince out of the freezer.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a quick post from me as I'm running late.

Nelski thinking of you and hope your dad's passing is peaceful.

Regarding your dad's clothes etc, my advice would be to not do anything now as emotions are so raw. You and your mum can decide those things later. Sometimes you feel so helpless and just need to do 'something' but there is plenty of time to make decisions like that and not act in haste and maybe have regrets later.

Look after yourself my friend xxxx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Quick post as the internet connection in the holiday cottage is very hit and miss! Not a huge problem in the whole scale of things and it's a lovely cottage otherwise, beds are a bit hard but that is down to personal taste.

Having a lovely time despite the downpour yesterday, we have been to Stratford and saw all the Shakespearean sights, we especially enjoyed Anne Hathaways cottage. This morning we have woken up to sunshine so are heading out to Broadway and Bourton on the Water, hopefully it won't be too busy.

Take care folks, especially Nelski I was in your position just a few months ago and it is so very hard, please take care of yourself x
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone, thanks to nmlc for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.
    Nelski - thinking of you and your family.

The threatened rain turned out to be a light shower as I was heading to bed so I could have got the weedkiller down. Nevermind the forcast is good for today until tomorrow evening so that will be today's job. I got a few bits done in the garden and finished the hanging baskets so it is very slowly beginning to take shape another month or so of pottering should get it to the point where I can sit back and enjoy it apart from watering and deadheading.

Hope everyone has a good day x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Nelski Grief is such a personal thing. Be guided by your Mother. When Dad died I hung my Dad's coat and cap in his wardrobe before Mom walked in the house but she noticed immediately and gave me a right earbashing for doing so. Now when Mom died my brother cleared her meagre possessions within hours. His way of dealing with it I suppose. The charity shop would be my method of choice I think. Couldn't bear to throw them away but couldn't run the risk of seeing someone in them.

Beautiful day here in Devon. Day 3 looks promising. Heading out to Woolacombe today. Love it there.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Lovely day here,just had a lovely walk & didnt pass another soul.I'm off to school to help later but want to have a tidy round and a bit more sewing if possible.Hm pizza for tea tonight but need to get some cheese on my way home.
    Just been having a look at the plants coming up in the front garden,blooming snails have decapitated a lupin bloom :mad:

Nelski,hugs to you all. We took my Dads clothes to various charity shops,he had a lot of clothes. He would have approved,both parents loved mooching about in CS :).My 2 brothers wanted to do it while we were waiting for the funeral as they took time off work then.They didnt want to leave it all for me as I dont drive so it would've been difficult.Mum had passed away 3 years before Dad.Actually, being in our childhood home together and finding things from years ago did bring us closer,we even managed to smile about some of them even though we were so sad,but its a horrible thing to have to do and you have my sympathy.Some people can't bear to sort things so quickly,we are all different.Your Mum will have her own feelings on what to do as well.Youre doing a grand job of supporting her,take care of you too though xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Haven't managed to get on for a couple of days but have been reading along.
    Speky - hope the moving in went okay and that you are enjoying your own space x
    csarina - my mum had 24hours of having a BP monitor strapped on - not fun, and no sleep as it went off every three hours! Not good for the BP!
    Nelski - I hope yout Dad's passing is as peaceful as can be, so sorry x I can't offer advice on his clothes etc. as I am still lucky enough to have both my parents. My sister is just now sorting out my nephews effects after his death in November. His shoes and shirts have come to my eldest son, to kit him out for work. She wanted them to be used and not given away, but he was only 21, so it's such a different situation.

Work has been really frantic this week, but I'm hoping to leave early today. Went to see Adam Ant last night at the Albert Hall. He is my childhood crush and I first saw him in 1982, and have seen him 5 times in the last 6 years. He is a great performer. Late night though - I got home at 12.10am and was up at 6am for work. Had to have a coffee on the train (which I never do as I'm so tight!!!) which was much needed.

Dinner tonight is chilli con carne. Last night DH and the children had to fend for themselves with a 'make your own omelette' night and rather enjoyed it. Must do that more often (if you have an egg, then you have a meal).

Will be doing some washing tonight and having a relaxing evening.
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Nelski - thinking of you and yours x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business