Anyone tried THE MORTGAGE LENDER - TML?

Comments

• Hi, we got a BTL mortgage recently through TMW, process went fine. They are part off/linked to the Nationwide BS so got some good backing.

Our new correspondence address was already on the nationwide computer system when I went to a local branch to update our details
  • Update:
    tomorrow will be 5 weeks since TML gave us AIP. Valuation came through last Wednesday for 310k as our price so everything is ok there. . Broker thinks official offer will come tomorrow. So it will be exactly 5 weeks + legal searches need to be done.

Slow process but I guess it is the standard timing.

Good luck everyone :)
    Loan £6700.00
    ISA £3000
    SAVINGS £2100
  • ap1985
    ap1985 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Congratulations sash_berry
    :jFinally going to be a homeowner:T
  • sash_berry wrote: »
    Update:
    tomorrow will be 5 weeks since TML gave us AIP. Valuation came through last Wednesday for 310k as our price so everything is ok there. . Broker thinks official offer will come tomorrow. So it will be exactly 5 weeks + legal searches need to be done.

Just sent you a PM hope you don't mind.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Assuming you now have your offer as TML ar quoting seven working days to review a valuation?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • We received our offer just a bit mre than a week ago. It took them 7 weeks! But we are there finally. Well if they would be a simple bank I would never recommend them as they are digging really deep into your finance. But as we are the problematic client I guess its ouf fault these things are happening....
    But Yas finally we have an offer in written and all is good so far. Happy ;)

Thank you and good luck all x
    Loan £6700.00
    ISA £3000
    SAVINGS £2100
  • sash_berry wrote: »
    Update:

Just sent you a PM hope you don't mind.
  • Hi, anyone know why I may be struggling to get a mortgage? I have a 40% deposit, perfect credit (have checked Experian and Noddle), no arrears, missed payments or CCJ's, I am on the electoral role, I have had a (joint) mortgage in my current home for 6 years, and had no missed payments. This mortgage with be a house move - me and 2 children - just me on the mortgage. Any ideas? Thankyou, CJ
  • Hi Everyone,

I hope someone may have had experienced this.

I am currently at week 4 of applying for my mortgage through TML.

We have submitted all the required information which has apparently been passed from the review team to the underwriters.

We were told that they were holding off for the survey until it had been reviewed by the underwriters.

Today the payment of £600 has come out of our account which is for the fees which includes the valuation charge.

Does this mean that this is promising and the financial side of things has been ok'd and they will now progress with the survey as I presume they would not look for a survey if we were to be declined.

This has been a long wait and keep thinking the worst as not knowing what their internal processes are or what order they happen in.

any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.
  • Hi there,

We are in the exact same position. Been a long 4 weeks of thinking the worst but without any notice they have taken out the £600 fee which i can only hope means that things are looking positive.

really frustrating not knowing what their internal processes or what order things happen are.

Stephane
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport