edited 26 July 2018 at 11:38AM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Bulb

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Please don't post Bulb referral links here. Referral links can be posted on the dedicated Referrers Board. Thanks!

Comments

• kizatt
    kizatt Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    well, i've signed up, i'll let you know how it goes!

i like the website and the ethos, so if they live up to that i'll be happy :)
  • I've just signed up to change to Bulb. Think it is not saving me much, but I am very happy to heat my home with 100% renewable energy. :)
  • Will_at_Bulb
    Will_at_Bulb Posts: 60 Organisation Representative
    Great to have you with us Chrissiegog :) Give us a shout if you need anything.
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Bulb. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I've just signed up to change to Bulb. Think it is not saving me much, but I am very happy to heat my home with 100% renewable energy. :)

Hi Chrissie - welcome to the forum. This link explains the issues with green energy and what you might get via your pipes and wires:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/energy-bills/11757344/Is-my-green-energy-tariff-as-clean-as-it-claims-to-be.html
  • Will_at_Bulb
    Great link Hengus, and we completely agree with that article. That's why our one and only tariff has 100% renewable electricity. If your supplier isn't 100% renewable then you're likely to not be doing as much for the environment. We also have the highest proportion of renewable gas in the UK. 10% of our gas is biomethane, produced from pig farms in Oxfordshire.

We have a chart of the fuel mixes of each supplier here if you fancy looking at it - https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/92/why-its-important-my-supplier-is-100-renewable
    I am an official company representative of Bulb. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Since yesterday I am now with Bulb. The move was really smooth and quicker than I thought. I spoke to Bulb a couple of times 1 out of interest to see how quickly they answer the phone. They answered within a few seconds. The second time was because I was having trouble putting in my meter readings. Again they answered quickly and Sam took the readings from me. They were having some computer issues.
    Don't understand why people think it is so difficult to swop suppliers, but may be I just chose a good one!
    :j:T:)
  • HCD90
    HCD90 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I switched to Bulb in the MSE switch event and couldn't be happier. They're not the cheapest supplier out there, but we wanted to go renewable and they have the best customer service I have ever received. They reply promptly to emails and treat you as an actual human being, and it's really easy to get things sorted. Complete opposite to my experience with ExtraEnergy, who never answer the phone or emails!
  • Will_at_Bulb
    Woop woop. Glad you're liking us HCD90 :)
  • kizatt
    kizatt Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 May 2016 at 10:04PM
    kizatt wrote: »
    well, i've signed up, i'll let you know how it goes!

i like the website and the ethos, so if they live up to that i'll be happy :)

It's taken me a while to get round to it, but I'm back to say I'm absolutely delighted with Bulb as my gas and electricity provider. The customer service is excellent, they sent Hotel Chocolat chocolates and a wee handwritten note as a welcome gift! Easy way to a girl's heart, that :T They have an incredibly easygoing manner, and keep in touch regularly. Everything is very friendly and comfortable, nothing has been any bother at all. The switch was very smooth, no problems with bills or meter readings from Bulb or my previous supplier. And the simplicity of no ridiculous tariffs to choose between - that's worth switching for in itself!

(This isn't strictly relevant, but I'm going to share anyway. Often, when my life is far too complicated, as it is most days, I fantasise about running off to a wee island, banning everyone who annoys me, and living a simpler life from the 80s, one where I don't have to think about energy suppliers or insurance quotes, or where I buy my groceries from. Choice is fantastic, not being screwed over by a monopoly is fabulous, but honestly, my life is complicated and I'd rather spend my time with my kids or walking my dog than faffing with the hundreds of price comparisons I do annually. Having an energy supplier with an ethos I agree with and just one easy tarriff for each fuel is a step in the right direction. The island will need to wait. NB I'd still need terrible things like McDonald's and I'd never give up WiFi. Ever. But it's my island, so I get to make the rules :) )

I used to change supplier quite regularly, as a deal expired or as the Cheap Energy Club would alert me I could be saving. I could get a cheaper deal than Bulb, but I've switched off my alerts for now cos they were coming in too frequently because they aren't comparing like for like - I would now only want to know if I could save money on renewable energy, and last I checked that wasn't an option for alerts. The times I've checked the results of my alerts, Bulb were always coming back as least expensive for green energy.

Now that I've had a few months' experience as a customer with Bulb, I'd be loathed to leave, it would certainly take more than just a better deal on renewable energy. I've been with a green company before, and I've also been on green tariffs with not very green companies, as well as many years of not at all green energy when we couldn't afford it. I can say without a doubt that Bulb is the most positive experience I've had so far in more years as a home owner than I'd like to count (ahem, over 20. 'Nuff said).

I like them, I'm rooting for them, I want them to do well. So far they're definitely living up to their ethos, and that makes me happy :)

They're just a wee ray of sunshine in an otherwise money-grabbing, miserable, unscrupulous industry. :A

[No, not getting paid by them for my embarrassing over enthusiasm.]
  • Will_at_Bulb
    AMAZING with a capital amazing. Thanks kizatt!

We legitimately just want to make everyone happy, as well as getting more people to use renewables. I'm so glad that we've hit the mark for you :)

Just so you know, there are legitimately islands in the pacific that have 100% WiFi coverage. Sounds like a good place to start for you - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niue
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback