MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Oh it's all glamour from now on! My OH has definitely gone above and beyond this week - he's been putting on my compression socks and used his hair clippers on me as I've got no chance of doing it myself!

Tbh, after all the chat about perineal massage at NCT, he was probably quite relieved that's all I need help with :rotfl:
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MW went well. Bump has had a bit of a spurt so no longer just on the 10th, just below the 50th. Head has started to engage too so :) Will see her next a few days after my due date, hopefully I won't have too. Been having a few twinges/tightenings since seeing her so you never know.

Fingers crossed for your scan on Wed Arbrighton.

Another one who can't see down there, tried to tidy myself up but no luck. Meh I'm sure they've seen it all now :rotfl:

Snow hopefully work won't be too bad this week and you get a chance to put your feet up at some point.
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Glad the midwife went well April- that's great news

Another one who has given up with personal care! I've used the electric shaver and the mirror for a pretty primitive effort and going with the attitude that midwives have seen it all! OH has been epilating my legs for me- in fact I made him do it Thursday night in case the ecv triggered labour. Also when it hurts he just says it's 'practice'
  • poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    going with the attitude that midwives have seen it all!

Exactly! I imagine it's the last thing on your mind when you go into labour.

Good news about baby's growth,
    April - especially if he's head down and ready to go 😊

BabyB is the opposite- pushing over the 95th percentile and MW reckons 8.5-9.5lb if she comes before my due date :eek:
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • sweetbabu
    sweetbabu Posts: 162 Forumite
    It was very certainly the last thing on my mind too - especially seeing as she was early - until the midwife made a comment. I was mortified :o

I can still manage to shave my legs though, so he's gotten off lightly there :)
  • snowscreamer
    snowscreamer Posts: 505 Forumite
    Ladies, on the personal grooming question... before my massage last week I had a Lycon / hot wax bikini wax. Would definitely recommend this option - like the rest of you I can't see down there and haven't for weeks! I had a strip wax earlier in pregnancy and with the increased blood flow it was definitely worth opting for Lycon this time - virtually painless. Although I actually have no idea how it looks!! But as I swim once a week I do like to try and stay tidy... I have another booked in for 38 weeks so hopefully unless I go very overdue this will suffice!

Definitely tired again yesterday at work but so far today feeling OK... working on positive mental attitude to get me through to maternity leave. I do enjoy the work I do but tiredness plays mind tricks and causes concentration struggles which can make it all quite frustrating!

Hope everyone else is going well. Excited for the mini baby boom to help my own countdown!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    I think i've just done the 'it all goes to plan and they kick you out same day' labour bag

So need the 'not quite to plan, keep you in one or more bags' sorted then I'm ready

MIL rang last night. Somehow thought she needed to check Bean hadn't arrived while we'd been away. Because of course we wouldn't have somehow found phone signal and mentioned that....
  • vanilla8
    vanilla8 Posts: 656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Glad everyone is well. I managed to shave my legs last week as I had a wedding to attend to, and pleased to report that my hair seems to not grow back that quick (a pregnancy side affect?)
    I haven't managed to sort out down below tho, not sure if I will get time to visit the salon and not sure I can rely on the DH to assist!

Swelling of feet has suddenly hit me in the last two days, which makes walking around a bit painful. Skin goes really tight and ankles really stiff. Still managing over 8000 steps might not be helping it!

Have hit the batch cooking hard and cooked a curry, chilli and cottage pie today. Plan on doing a bit more tomorrow, and will rest easy knowing we have some decent meals to eat in the early days of constant feeds!

Didn't sleep that well last night and finding the Braxton Hicks make me rather breathless, babys movements are not as dramatic either, maybe due to lack of space? Having on and off cramping and every trip to the loo I'm looking for signs of a 'show'. Tbh i don't mind if baby stays in a little longer as I want to get all this cooking out the way first!!
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    No, my leg hair is definitely growing less too vanilla.

Did some batch cooking over the weekend but am slightly terrified by how unprepared I still feel.

Maybe antenatal class on sat and seeing midwife next week to do my birth preferences will help- I should probably start writing down some thoughts/ questions.
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    Yeah arbrighton I need to pack a spare bag for the car, just in case.

Vanilla I had quite bad swelling for a while and found that the walking 8000+ steps a day did not help it. I now do 2/3 days where I hit between 8000-11000 and take it easy the other days and it does seem to help. They don't swell as often. Even thought I'm about 10 or so days behind you, I'm also constantly on the lookout for the 'show'.

How you feeling Penguin, only a few days to go :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport