Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Thanks so much lovely peeps :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They're very good, aren't they - easy to control and place them precisely where needed.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Karmacat wrote: »
    They're very good, aren't they - easy to control and place them precisely where needed.

On my feet~~ which are currently like blocks of ice. :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    On my feet~~ which are currently like blocks of ice. :(

Your feet should be OK with one of those, I got one for my neck/shoulders and it was very heavy.

Have you not seen one of these?

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNosVcgMfFabq7hHrXRPcJmBFO-Bu-WWX3bQIsCF3pXz4DJXyU0NdVUZIwQQ&usqp=CAE
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Billy Connolly anyone?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    ZTD wrote: »
    Your feet should be OK with one of those, I got one for my neck/shoulders and it was very heavy.

Have you not seen one of these?

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNosVcgMfFabq7hHrXRPcJmBFO-Bu-WWX3bQIsCF3pXz4DJXyU0NdVUZIwQQ&usqp=CAE

Buy it for my Christmas :grin:

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Doors getting varnished tomorrow.
    Then that will be another job off the list :)
    Hoping the handyman will also a couple of teeny weeny jobs while he is here.

Hope all well with everyone :)

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I'll bear that in mind about seagulls, Z!

Beanie, do you have a face to face support group, even an online forum, where you can go vent to other sufferers, not like here where with the best will in the world, we haven't shared your experiences? Tiredness and agitation together are absolutely horrible, there's no two ways about it, something like pilates might help, as a calming thing, I don't know.

Wish I could help :kisses3:

Hello ..... sending hugs .... we hit a low point together and I went offline.

Just to say ... I share the same condition and I would guess there are lurkers on your diary who also do.

I must admit I hate going to self help groups for chronic illness/disability as my experience instead of them buoying you up ....it's a competition as to who is worse and self pity seems to flourish.

I love it here as you get the virtual hug - but also the support to look outwards gain strength and move on positively...

Beanielou I admire your determination greatly ...
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    I must admit I hate going to self help groups for chronic illness/disability as my experience instead of them buoying you up ....it's a competition as to who is worse and self pity seems to flourish.

I love it here as you get the virtual hug - but also the support to look outwards gain strength and move on positively...
    Those are really good points - I investigated an arthritis group when I moved to this town, but it really wasn't right for me. Online, specifically here, there's much more positive support - except about chocolate, for some reason :o people are very forgiving about eating chocolate, when I want them to say "no, stop!" :rotfl: I'm over it now, and I've managed to buy some pretty good quality stuff from Lidl very cheap, but I still have to be careful :o

Hope you're okay, Beanie, and you've got the windows open once the doors are varnished, get rid of the smell asap.

xxx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport