This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,909 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Today has the potential to be expensive. Mr Watty took my car - his still being at the station out - and broke down. Had to call breakdown service and have car towed back here so he can source replacement fuel pump. Initial prices suggest it would be cheaper to buy a new car (mine is very old) so he now has the bonnet up and is "tinkering". This may result in a fix or it may result it yet more parts needed. Only time will tell.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Fingers crossed the tinkering works, the garage couldn't fix our old 4x4 earlier in the year but hubby was determined it was not going to die yet and resurrected it!

The cob sounds great (and expensive!). Is there anywhere you could ride out on a cob to get the same result? I had lessons on a GP dressage horse a few years back just to get the feel of what *should* be happening and to give me some confidence.
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    The cob sounds great (and expensive!). Is there anywhere you could ride out on a cob to get the same result? I had lessons on a GP dressage horse a few years back just to get the feel of what *should* be happening and to give me some confidence.

Oh gosh, me too, and it was amazing. HARD, as this was a 17.3h old school Hanoverian who was 23 and very lazy ;), but the feeling of being able to do (for him) very basic things so easily was amazing. I really want to work on my dressage when I get back into riding, so I'm hoping I can find a similar situation (I was eventing but boarding/training with a GP dressage rider).
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What's Mr Watty doing to the cars :eek:

:rotfl: Sorry, I couldn't resist!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Thinking over the suggestions re riding. My issues seem to be that I am fine in open spaces with someone and a 'safe cob type' so just going and doing elsewhere means I seem fine. On my own with 'safe cob type' I panic but safe cob type ignores this! Most Handsome cannot ignore any kind of fretfulness in Watty and fleas from the lions, paperbags, nasty looking leaves etc he is certain are about to attack.

Will continue mulling over.

The fuel pump has had to be replaced but a cheaper one sourced and picked up today. Another part required that can be collected Sunday. Car should be back on the road Monday.

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Up late as had to collect Mr Watty from train station. He fell asleep on the train, missed the station. Luckily phoning him worked and he woke to get off at next station. Drove there to pick up a somewhat happy and drunk Mr Watty whose conversation left much to be desired :)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: this is just the kind of thing my OH would do!!!

Glad Mr Watty has been able to sort car :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Watty1
    The car is not yet fixed. Two pumps have been supplied, both wrong, the cold start mechanism broke and ...so did some "plastic bits".

And now I have an email saying an account paying 5% interest now paying 3% from January and on £1500 only.

Not the best of times but not the worst either :)

• When the petrol pump went on my moggie a sharp tap with a hammer used to do the trick.
    I expect your car is rather more complex though.
  • Watty1
    I dread to think what other "bits" could be shattered by Watty wielding a hammer :)

• Watty1
    Caught up on some threads. Now off to make a quiche. Yep... you did read that right. I have discovered the joy of a homemade sun dried tomato quiche. Always thought pastry and 'difficult cooking' beyond me but surprising what a bit of encouragement reading these boards brings.
    Also caught up on the CCC and delighted to report I am still within budget for clothes. Really this is because I carefully excluded yard/riding things from the budget - but delighted to report I have actually gone a whole 9 months without buying very much at all.
    Quite incredible the transformation one undergoes on these boards :rotfl:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback