What small DFW things will you do w/c 10th September?

Comments

• Alternatively I will send DNMS my things that need sewing :D

funny you should say that! I've just offered to draft and make a dress for a friend (she needs to get material obvs). She wants one like her 10 month old baby has. I think it'll be easy enough and helps me increase my skills :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi Frugalistas,
    Busy day so far with my money saving activities:
    *2 baths from 1 lot of hot water.
    *Cut hair conditioner tube open & there was easily enough in there for a final use-it-up.
    *Sorted more freshly laundered camping stuff away into the cupboard for next year.
    *mr f on a later shift today so he offered to help me with freezer tetris while simultaneously writing a new up to date freezer list - I think I'll save that tale for today's dfw diary update.
    *Wrote next week's meal plans.
    *Wrote shopping list.
    *Made a list of stuff I can usefully do in town tomorrow while I'm able to pop in & park for free.
    *Blitzed my wardrobe - the seasonal blitz, where summer stuff gets packed away in the ottoman for next year & autumn & winter stuff is fetched out for trying on. Made pile for mending & a couple of bits for the charity shop, too.
    *Cleaned bedroom with minimal products & washable cloths.
    *Changed bedlinen, so as I was doing this anyway, I swapped over to a warmer duvet. I expect I'll be way too hot for the rest of this week, but when the nights do drop cooler, it will stop me contemplating switching the heating on. There really is no need for it yet.
    *On the same subject......found my fake fur rug & the blanket I knitted last winter & brought them downstairs so that they can be draped around my person when I start to feel chilly.
    *Caught up with some surveys - a Onepoll took me closer to the 55p I need before cashing out & there were 4 Prolific Academic studies for me to do, including one for £3.25.
    *Finished my library book & started a bag of returns to go back later this week.
    *Found a little hand knitted item to take in when I visit Mum tomorrow. There is virtually nothing I can take her, as she is too weak to do anything, is too covered in tubes to wear her specs for reading & she is nil by mouth. I bought some quite expensive hand cream last time, as I thought that would be practical, plus a bit of aromatherapy too, as it was lavender.
    *Home grown tomatoes, cucumber & basil picked for tonight's salad, will also be putting some on the pizzas I'm making - speedy ones, using garlic flat breads out of the freezer as a base.
    Think that will be everything for today. I am having to keep busy to manage my stress levels, but reading is helping too, so I may start on my next library book.
    Love to all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Afternoon All

Thanks for all your well wishes, a change in the weather, a weak immune system and dodgy heart mean it's just one of those things.

CCL - is your blanket a commission?
    Foxgloves - what you reading? (being nosey and looking for inspiration)

Still achey and tired but have had a lovely day so far, been to the cinema with the hubby (DS told us of a cheaper cinema to the one we usually go to - half the price of what we normally pay). Today we have/will

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    DS to Footie Training -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, FPL, WinaDinner -
    Read -
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi Ziggy,
    I was sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit rubbish. Hope you feel better soon.
    Re reading - I'm always reading! I've just finished a novel by Mons Kallentoft (hope I've remembered the surname correctly) - it was one in his scandi-crime series featuring the police officer Malin Fors. I've read 3 of those now, though my favourite scandi-crime series is by Joann Theorin - the Oland Quartet - I just about lived on that island while I was reading those!
    The book I am reading now is by Araminta Hall & is called 'Our kind of cruelty'. I think it looks like its going to be a psychological drama about an intense & damaging relationship. After that, I am going to read 'Panic room' by Robert Goddard. I've read loads of his books - he is so good at twists & turns & keeping his readers guessing.
    I am also reading my way through Ellie Griffiths' series of novels about Ruth Galloway, a forensic archaeologist. They are set on the North Norfolk coast which I know quite well, & I like the way that the mysteries from the past always see to connect to current police cases.
    So that's what I'm currently reading, m'duck! And I'm still knitting my handwarmers & when he's out of the house, also a pair of slouchy boot socks for mr f, as we like walking & being outdoors.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • I've read some cracking books recently - have branched out in genres. Usually I like historical fiction, around medieval times, witchcrafty kind of stories.

I read "Under the Scarlet Sky" which is historical about an Itallian young man at the out break, and during, of WW2. I really recommend anyone looking in to this. It's a great story and is actually true

I've also been reading a zombie Apocalypse series. The first one is called "The first 7 days" again really recommend, if it's your bag. And if it's not I still recommend it, it wasn't mine :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 September 2018 at 6:06PM
    I've read some cracking books recently - have branched out in genres. Usually I like historical fiction, around medieval times, witchcrafty kind of stories.

Have you read "The Historian"? it's a Dracula historical fiction and it's FAB. It's one that I've re-read several times and I love it to bits. Sounds like it could be your type of book

Oooo and Labyrinth by Kate Mosse.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

ally - I hope work ok

I survived. Thanks.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Hi everyone :wave:
    I left the house at 7.30am for work today, and arrived home at 9.30pm. I'm absolutely exhausted and literally doing this then going to bed. No crochet, no tv - barely even a bite to eat or a drink. NSD as work provided sandwiches for us, and I even got a couple of spares to bring home for me and ds for tea tomorrow night so that's a good mse thing :D
    CLF - thanks for your kind words. I don't feel like I'm doing well at all - everything seems to be a bit of a struggle. I just keep on keeping on and hoping for the best, hoping that things will be sorted out soon and I can get on with my life.
    Ziggy - sorry to hear that you're not doing so well. My blanket isn't a commission - it's going to be a Christmas gift for my friend and her 2 kids. She wanted a blanket big enough for the 3 of them to snuggle under together. Good job I have a while to get it finished as I've done nothing at all on it for 2 days.
    Pleased you survived work Ally - not long to go now.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Hi Ziggy,
    I was sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit rubbish. Hope you feel better soon.
    Re reading - I'm always reading! I've just finished a novel by Mons Kallentoft (hope I've remembered the surname correctly) - it was one in his scandi-crime series featuring the police officer Malin Fors. I've read 3 of those now, though my favourite scandi-crime series is by Joann Theorin - the Oland Quartet - I just about lived on that island while I was reading those!
    The book I am reading now is by Araminta Hall & is called 'Our kind of cruelty'. I think it looks like its going to be a psychological drama about an intense & damaging relationship. After that, I am going to read 'Panic room' by Robert Goddard. I've read loads of his books - he is so good at twists & turns & keeping his readers guessing.
    I am also reading my way through Ellie Griffiths' series of novels about Ruth Galloway, a forensic archaeologist. They are set on the North Norfolk coast which I know quite well, & I like the way that the mysteries from the past always see to connect to current police cases.
    So that's what I'm currently reading, m'duck! And I'm still knitting my handwarmers & when he's out of the house, also a pair of slouchy boot socks for mr f, as we like walking & being outdoors.
    F x
    I've read some cracking books recently - have branched out in genres. Usually I like historical fiction, around medieval times, witchcrafty kind of stories.

I read "Under the Scarlet Sky" which is historical about an Itallian young man at the out break, and during, of WW2. I really recommend anyone looking in to this. It's a great story and is actually true

I've also been reading a zombie Apocalypse series. The first one is called "The first 7 days" again really recommend, if it's your bag. And if it's not I still recommend it, it wasn't mine :D
    Have you read "The Historian"? it's a Dracula historical fiction and it's FAB. It's one that I've re-read several times and I love it to bits. Sounds like it could be your type of book

Oooo and Labyrinth by Kate Mosse.

Thanks all for the inspiration I'm stuck in a James Patterson rut at the minute so will definitely be ordering some of your suggestions from the library (its free to order). I love crime (not literally of course) and thrillers and particularly love books set in areas we've visited.

Lucky Mr F with those socks.
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Morning all :hello:

Loving all the making things and reading talk. I've used to read and read but having small people shelved that but recently I've read a number of books about running, including jo pavey's autobiography which was really good and I'd definitely recommend as something on the opposite end of the spectrum to crime and thriller stufff.

My list for today:
    1 load of washing done overnight to go out, another already in
    Check banking, salary showing as pending for tomorrow which is always a satisfying sight :rotfl:
    Something from freezer for tea
    Meal plan for next week based around what is in freezer
    Possibly make some soup and freeze to save me time at the weekend
    Check for surveys
    Check £co
    Opticians, but no charge today as I have a monthly plan and they're throwing in a £65 worth of another exam as I was called in last time by accident ;)
    Do work expenses
    Try and fit in a run
    Talk to DH about me committing to something next year which would mean me needing some time at the weekend to do the task for a good few weeks on the trot
    Out for walk with friend tonight for free exercise

Enjoy your day folk. Purps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family