Things can only get better

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,245 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Mr SA driving me mad tonight - I want to go out early - it's a beautiful sunny evening and he wants to watch TV for a bit first. I'd quite like to walk along the seafront now then go for a drink before having something to eat. The downside of being able to get ITV here.

Aside from that had another relaxing day after a morning wander. Walked along the sea front but Mr SA was more interested in the menus outside restaurants than the beach!! He was after his lunch at 11.30!!!!

Anyway will get my glad rags on and persuade him to go out while the sun is shining and leave the TV behind.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope that you got out in the sun.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hope you got out in the sun

Have an amazing time and I hope you get to relax

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Hope you’ve had a lovely evening Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Belated sunshine drinks SA!:beer:

Seriously I'm so pleased your villa is just what you want and you're enjoying the sun and relaxing.

Hope you've had a lovely day today!

P.S. an antidote to Tipping Point and ITV on holiday is to secretly undo the plug when he's not looking - you can put it back in when you've both come back from your stroll!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    We had a lovely Indian meal last night :)

Today the weather is mixed with rain :eek: and sun. Apparently it only rains 5 times a year here, why when we're here!! According to the Spanish cleaner it's because it snowed in mainland Spain in April. This happens every 6 years and is a weather cycle. In between the showers it's lovely though. She told me to put my feet up with a book and a glass of wine as that's what she does when the weather is bad.

Have spent some of my holiday fund on a jacket from Zara, still have enough left for a handbag. I won't attract much sympathy here but I get fed up of clothes being so big, everything swamps me but the extra small in Zara was ok.

The shower broke this morning but has already been fixed thankfully.

Sun back out now, Mr SA is fast asleep watching snooker. He's been a pain today had us going all over looking for a zip up sweatshirt that fits him. Spanish sizes don't cater for blokes his size but he found one eventually and got himself a discount. He has the opposite problem to me.

Time to go back to the sunbed :)
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jacket from Zara sounds good - is it right they are cheaper over there?
    Hope you did as the cleaner said :beer::beer:
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    I think they are far cheaper in Spain than UK. You realise how ripped off we are when you come here. And Lanzarote aren't in the EU and don't suffer for it like they would have you believe we will when we leave.

I did indeed get a glass of wine and my book and relaxed this afternoon.

The rain has cleared now and it's glorious again.

We've been coming to Lanzarote twice a year for 10 years now and this is the first time we've seen rain. We wouldn't come here in the summer again though as you get the trade winds and it makes it too cool at night. Great for sleeping though but not great for sitting outside.

The villa next door has got a BBQ going and the smell is driving me crazy yum yum yum. I would kill for a pepper, sweet corn and tomato kebab right now. Really need a veg fix, that's what I miss when I'm on holiday.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Glad the sun is back out for you . Good to hear you got a rest with your wine and book.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    All sounding good :)
    Happy new jacket :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback