Spend Nowt, Buy Nowt, Owe Nowt

Options

Comments

• Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Sounds like you're making good positive progress at the minute. I blame mortgage free in three for some of my spending woes! I used to go on there and go so depressed about what seemed to be necessary to get out of debt that I'd just go shopping :eek: :o :eek: :o
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    £675.74 is an amazing amount off of the debt you are doing so well.

Loving the new thread you have got a lot more patience than me thats for sure
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You're doing fab!

Have a lovely day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement, I am feeling much more positive at the moment and that I might actually make some headway with the big black hole.

Did have a wibble wobble about possibly going to see my Dad in August instead of Cornwall but the campsite we would have wanted to use is fully booked so it will probably be a definite for next year instead.

I did my first spend of my 52 day challenge today and got the whole budget out in cash to put in a separate purse. I just need to remember it now when I next go to the shop! I am not planning on buying any more food until next weekend as we are away so much next week.

I was hoping to visit my Mum after my work appointment tomorrow which is in her nearest town but she is in bed with the horrible flu everyone has been coming down with :(

3 Frugal Things for Today
    1) Checked last week's Asda receipt and have a voucher for £2.88, just need DH to sort the printer out so I can print it off
    2) Fished the old extractor fan cover out of the bin bag in the wheelie bin so it can be spray painted
    3) Stuck to my list in the supermarket, picked up a YS GF loaf and compared prices on a spice I wanted to buy, choosing the most cost effective option
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Good work on sticking to the list, I make one but never actually look at it which is daft.

I know quite a few people swear by watering down the semi skimmed but I have never tried it, it does make sense though. I need to have a look at my freezer tomorrow, I tend to have very little variety but lots of the same thing, like the 24 tins of beans.
  • XSpender
    Options
    Good work on sticking to the list, I make one but never actually look at it which is daft.

I know quite a few people swear by watering down the semi skimmed but I have never tried it, it does make sense though. I need to have a look at my freezer tomorrow, I tend to have very little variety but lots of the same thing, like the 24 tins of beans.

You can never have enough beans :D
  • redofromstart
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    You can never have enough beans :D

My excuse is that most of them were effectively free, more points back on them than they cost to buy. OH has them at the weekends so they will get used over the next few months.

Sometimes these things backfire, I stocked up when my hair dye of preference was in the £shop rather than at the usual £6 wait for it on offer but a few months later decided to take the plunge and have highlights as they do a better job of hiding the grey roots. I have about ten lots of dye to drop off at the refuge collection point :o
  • XSpender
    Options
    Really early start today and im flagging :( Feels like it's about 9.30pm. Once DS is settled in bed I will be having a cup of tea and reading my book before I hit the sack.

Three Frugal Things Today

1) Thanks to a lovely poster on my other thread I picked up 2 hairdyes for £1.59/each and paid for them with advantage points so got 'em for nowt :D
    2) Bought next weeks sandwich meat with part of my lunch allowance so £3.00 of meat for free :D
    3) All meals from stores or provided by work
  • XSpender
    Options
    So looking forward to a quiet weekend, well quieter than usual. :) The new furniture is coming Monday lunchtime so we need to clear our bedroom and dismantle our bed.

DH needs to fix the dishwasher again. His last repair lasted a few weeks and as we cant get a replacement part it will have to be glued again.

DS will have rugby training on Sunday and I want to get some batch cooking done to keep up with my challenge.

Very proud of DS today who has won an award for his year for a special week of work they have been doing. He was so chuffed to have tea in the headmaster's office :D:T:A

This is the first weekend in gawd knows when that I won't have done a weekly food shop. I did crumble and buy DH a £2 pizza for tea as I just couldn't be bothered to cook and some ys clementines but apart from milk I do not need to buy any food.

DH has promised DS his first KFC this weekend as he has done so well in his swimming and now he has won his award but I cant eat it so will have my SW veggie burger as planned :)

Three Frugal Things for Today
    1) £9.50 received in Mr T vouchers and saved for Christmas
    2) No food shop this week as we are living out of the freezers (almost)
    3) Completed my food diary to earn survey points
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You are doing well with your plans and sticking at them :D

Hope you have a lovely weekend x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback