First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hope all goes well with the appointment x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    18 months is a total & utter disgrace.
    Hope all goes well tpday.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • 18 months is awful. its supposed to be within 60 days for a possible cancer referral, or 14 if its really serious. Glad you have the cover.
  • And breathe. No masses, no lesions and most probably hormonal. Can you guess what I'm grateful for this evening? By the way, you lot are the best. Thanks for always being here when I most need you all. I'm completely shattered and heading to bed. Today I'm grateful for health and friendship.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Well woke up bright and early with the headache from hell and associated nausea. OH got up brought me tea and painkillers and occupied the whinge bucket to let me sleep. The difference is amazing. I'm now feeling halfway to human. So, with lots to do, lists are required. One for our big project which should culminate next month and which doesn't seem as good an idea now as it did 9 months ago when we decided to do this. One for work stuff and one for home stuff. The common entry may be something to do with watching the rugby! As a tournament, the 6 nations works for me. It's the right length but there's no daily bombardment.
    I need to get two invoices issued which is great and more admin stuff done as well as client delivery.
    Yesterday I visited the sparks food hall on way back from the hospital acquiring whoopsied items that will be a Saturday night fakeaway for OH and DD. I also picked up some other bits that were on offer or that benefited from sparks discounts and was able to make use of a £10 sb voucher so total cost to me was below 50% of the value. It should also enable us to just do small bread and milk top up shops and get through the week. Fingers crossed it'll be a cheapish week. Transactions are mounting on the business account with another necessary five in hand inc a cheque lodgement. That £250 will be mine.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Sounds more like a migraine than a headache but glad you managed to get it under control.
    Well done on YS haul
    Fantastic news re outcome of appointment. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    So pleased about your outcome :grin:
    Here's to health & friends indeed xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    & yes that 250 will be yours :j :j

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    And breathe. No masses, no lesions and most probably hormonal. Can you guess what I'm grateful for this evening?

I'm so pleased! :happyhear
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 February 2018 at 10:40AM
    Yesterday afternoon I got a call from my cancer treatment friend. Having made it thru the 4 surgeries, chemo, sepsis and various other infections, she's now at the radio stage and the whole thing has just hit her. In a way I'm glad that it's now when she's not also struggling with the mean and nasty side effects but I felt so sorry for her. She doesn't cope well with sympathy so it was an hour kinda poking fun at her. I struggled a bit but hopefully she's in a slightly better place.

I then called into nightmare client to drop a report off before someone goes on holiday. An hour later I emerged as someone seeing me there decided to off load more stuff. The place is a disaster.

Then I came home ate a monster kebab on naan bread with chips, had some chocolates and not very surprisingly, mr Wii told me that I'm 2 lbs up this week. I want to be 8lbs done in 4 weeks time. I'd like to be sitting on a half stone mark on my 50th. I've let too much of my life be dictated by weight.

I got up to use the bathroom during the night and totally missed the bottom stair. I've only lived here since 1990. I landed on both knees jerking the arm that remained on the bannister. I am sore today.

I have arranged to meet someone for breakfast at 11 this morning. This is good for me as it means I must get up and get sorted which doesn't always happen on a Sunday. Also, I was supposed to meet this person about a month ago and completely forgot so I really need to make an effort this time. The plan is shower, dress and get something off my work to do list before going to see her. We both went self employed around the same time so it's good to have someone to kinda share war stories with. Today I also want to try out a new cake tin. I'm upping the size of a recipe that I've used previously so this is a dry run in advance of the larger cake beIng needed so fingers crossed. I also need to sit OH down and discuss work commitments with him. He's very good at saying he will help when I'm bidding for stuff but lass good on the delivery. I need to see exactly what capacity we both have and set timelines in place.

Today I am grateful for
    Escaping relatively unscathed from my fall
    Seeing my self sabotage and hopefully calling a halt to it
    A nice, bright if cold day
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback