LED Dynamic Indicators - induce headache/epilepsy?

Comments

• z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    No .
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    z1a wrote: »
    No .

No?
  • HaveAGo
    HaveAGo Posts: 30 Forumite
    Would be concerned about your fitness to drive if they are making you feel this way
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,669
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    It's just the latest in a line of (IMHO) stupid changes which make car lighting & indicators less clear and distinct...like the number of cars you see now in the dark with "daytime" lights only on on the front and nothing lit at the rear end...

These moving rear indicators are often a thin strip sandwiched between rear light and brake light, so at night they are very hard to see when the lights are on and the car is braking :mad:
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,438
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    GunJack wrote: »
    It's just the latest in a line of (IMHO) stupid changes which make car lighting & indicators less clear and distinct...like the number of cars you see now in the dark with "daytime" lights only on on the front and nothing lit at the rear end...

These moving rear indicators are often a thin strip sandwiched between rear light and brake light, so at night they are very hard to see when the lights are on and the car is braking :mad:

You must have very different vision from me, I have never had a problem with those sort of indicators.

I suppose you are also anti auto dipping headlights, which on my golf work brilliantly.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Moaning about indicators
    get a hobby.

Moaning about Moaning about indicators
    get a hobby.
    You must have very different vision from me, I have never had a problem with those sort of indicators.

Indeed, the thread started with them being distracting, now people can't see them!
  • I found some of the extremely bright 'strobe' LEDs fitted by some cyclists rather more offputting
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lucky_Duck wrote: »
    I found some of the extremely bright 'strobe' LEDs fitted by some cyclists rather more offputting

Let's hope you don't see a police car or doctor or similar then.

Bike strobe lights are regulated by law (at least ones sold legally) on the maximum number of flashes per minute and let's face it, if you're seeing them and realising there is a bike there, they are doing their job.
  • danny91
    danny91 Posts: 44 Forumite
    almillar wrote: »
    Moaning about Moaning about indicators
    get a hobby.

Indeed, the thread started with them being distracting, now people can't see them!

Oh look, ive found another one :rotfl:
  • Nasqueron wrote: »
    Let's hope you don't see a police car or doctor or similar then.

Bike strobe lights are regulated by law (at least ones sold legally) on the maximum number of flashes per minute and let's face it, if you're seeing them and realising there is a bike there, they are doing their job.

See those (emergency vehicles, aircraft, cardinal marks, etc) all the time without any issue, any chance of a link to the legislation?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure