PPI Fiat Financial - long winded story but what would you do

Options
back in 2004 as a desperate young girl with no reliable transport I bought a new car on Finance from Fiat.

In 2006, I tried to take the car back to the dealer as I was going travelling, however they said I would still owe them money due to value of car vs amount outstanding on finance. So I kept paying for the car whilst leaving it with my parents to look after whilst I was awa.

In 2007 I returned from travelling and continued to pay for the car until it was fully paid off in 2009.

In 2010 I got a statement letter from FGA (fiat financial) (a copy of which I still have!) outlining what I had paid and I was shocked to discover I was paying for PPI (£1284.00).

I have tried various methods of claiming myself back in 2009 but to no avail. and was told to make a claim to the dealer that sold me the car (Which is no longer trading). I have been told there is a subsiduary garage which is a part of the old broker in a nearby town.

I gave up and left my paperwork in a drawer, only when my husband was on about buying a new car that I remembered I had the paperwork.

I know the PPI deadline is looming: Is it worth trying to claim again myself or try and get a PPI claim company to claim on my behalf (although I know some companies wont touch car PPI) or should I just give up. What would you do?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MrsElliot wrote: »
    back in 2004
    I have tried various methods of claiming myself back in 2009 but to no avail. and was told to make a claim to the dealer that sold me the car (Which is no longer trading). Is it worth trying to claim again myself or try and get a PPI claim company to claim on my behalf
    2004 is pre-regulaltion and the dealer is no longer trading.
    No claim company can help you.
    Time to forget about this one.
  • MrsElliot
    Options
    Thanks Moneyineptitude I think thats what I needed to hear to get closure :)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your only hope (and it's almost 99.99% not going to work) is to try the parent company (if a chain) or the underwriter of the policy but again there is almost certainly no chance of this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure