The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Dro submited, what next

My Dro was submitted to the OR on Thursday. How long should it take to appear on the register? I'm worrying now that it will be rejected

Comments

• Twubble
    Twubble Posts: 80 Forumite
    Hi, DROs are not submitted unless they're almost guaranteed to be accepted. They are thoroughly checked before submitting, so are unlikely to fail, so I'd not worry. Mine appeared after a couple of days, but this is the busiest time of year. I think they only add the names once a day, in the mornings, so check again tomorrow if it's not there today. If it's not there tomorrow, don't worry ... it should happen soon. They could have a mountain of work to go through after the Christmas break. Good luck.
  • Mrtoast
    Mrtoast Posts: 14 Forumite
    Thanks for the reassurance and response

The Dro was managed by stepchange so I'm hoping everything will be OK

It will be a massive weight off my shoulders that has caused me years of stress
  • Mrtoast
    Mrtoast Posts: 14 Forumite
    Well I just woke up and I checked the register and my name is on there with a start date of yesterday so I guess today is a fresh start for me and a big relief

If any creditor now contacts me should I call them out of curiosity to let them know that I am now subject to a dro?
  • The creditors who were listed on your DRO will be contacted so you don't need to contact them yourself.

If, during the time it takes for the information about your DRO to filter through their departments, you receive a call from them you can tell them then. I always advise to take a screenshot of the register and save it then you can send it to them.

They can check the register themselves when you are on the phone to them and this will show you're on your DRO. This information will show on the register for 3 months after your DRO has completed.

Some creditors sell debts on that have been through insolvency so it's always a good idea to save the details of what debts were included in your DRO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure