Water charges double

Options
Hi, I live in a flat which consists of 36 in total, the water is included in our service payment the amount of money charged for water charges annually has doubled.

The MA has changed the supplier (not sure if I am allowed to mention suppliers name?) how can I find out what the original water company charged and get copies of bills without going through the MA?

The new company on their website appear to provide companies, would that be different rate to residential?

Thanks

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 January 2019 at 12:14AM
    Options
    pernes wrote: »
    Hi, I live in a flat which consists of 36 in total, the water is included in our service payment the amount of money charged for water charges annually has doubled.

The MA has changed the supplier (not sure if I am allowed to mention suppliers name?) how can I find out what the original water company charged and get copies of bills without going through the MA?

The new company on their website appear to provide companies, would that be different rate to residential?

Thanks

Why don't you want to go through the MA? :huh:

If the bills go to the MA, then only the MA will have the information you require - it's what you pay them for.

... although you already seem to know the answer to the question you pose.
    i.e the original company charged 50% of what the new company now does. ;)

As an aside, if you can get enough support from other tenants, you may want to consider the right to manage (yourselves). You could still probably employ a management services supplier to do all the mundane stuff for you, if you don't want to be too bogged down in that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure