Block Paving Quotes

Options

Comments

• hawkpaving
    hawkpaving Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 17 July 2010 at 5:11PM
    Options
    never accept any quotes from doorstep canvassers, reputable paving company`s do not knock on peoples doors, try and use a company that has come recommended to you, or better still use an approved installer, that way you will have the back up of the manufacturers
    should you encounter any problems, hawk paving.co.uk
  • vickywalts
    Options
    hi there, having used this site for many helpful little tips in the past, i saw this post and thought id help people myself:) . im not the sort of person to part with money easily believe me! so when i wanted my drive block paving you won't be surprised when i say i got 14 different quotes!, now I thought id save everybody this time and effort by saying (if you live in the east midlands, as i think this is the only place they cover, they're nottingham based) that i eventually took the second cheapest quote and they where fantastic! really professional and most importantly nearly the cheapest! I know judging by some of the other people that came round this could be a tricky purchase for some people, so heres my tip ljdpaving.com
  • stimpsons
    Options
    Reading some of these posts make me cringe. I cant believe the prices people charge and get away with and more than likely the job was done to poor standard.

A job done well should consist of the following ....

300mm for base (very well compacted type 1)
    40mm of sharp sand (no more than this)
    60mm blocks (not the silly thin 50mm ones that a lot use)
    soak-away to be suds compliant

All this from start to finish inc waste should cost
    £50 per meter for basic blocks
    £55 per meter for upgrade three sized block
    £60 per meter for cobble look blocks

+ £5-10 per meter optional weed sealer

Hope this helps to stop people getting ripped off with silly prices and giving good tradesmen a bad name ! - designandbuild.weebly.com
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Time to bump this one
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • leicesterguy
    Options
    vickywalts wrote: »
    hi there, having used this site for many helpful little tips in the past, i saw this post and thought id help people myself:) . im not the sort of person to part with money easily believe me! so when i wanted my drive block paving you won't be surprised when i say i got 14 different quotes!, now I thought id save everybody this time and effort by saying (if you live in the east midlands, as i think this is the only place they cover, they're nottingham based) that i eventually took the second cheapest quote and they where fantastic! really professional and most importantly nearly the cheapest! I know judging by some of the other people that came round this could be a tricky purchase for some people, so heres my tip ljdpaving.com

Thanks...I got a quote from these guys and they came and did the job for me and it looks really nice. Thanks for the Tip
  • Malky
    Malky Posts: 694 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks...I got a quote from these guys and they came and did the job for me and it looks really nice. Thanks for the Tip
    Could you make it any more obvious that you work for said company :rotfl:
  • blacksta
    blacksta Posts: 919 Forumite
    Options

lol - so fast so good
    I owe £3233 @ 0%
  • nicochess
    Options
    to get an idea of paving prices, you should visit getproquotes.co.uk. you will find square metre prices for your paving works, and others.
  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spam reported (3 posts from newbie nicochess, all promoting the same website).
  • groundworker
    Options
    house builders pay groundwork sub-contractors £62 per square meter for the standard brindle and charcoal drives this includes everything ,they pay this little because they have thousands of meters laid on each site. I charge £70 per square meter which is the right price , It requires skill and hard work to do a quality job I don't advertise, my previous customers go out of their way to recommend me, you get what you pay for, only ever use someone who comes recommended
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure