ESA review due but how long to hear back?

I am on ESA and had a form to fill in back in Nov to see if i need to go in to have a assessment and they got the form on Nov 29th.

on Dec 10th i got a letter from my doctor saying DWP had asked to see my medical records and if it was ok with me for them to send them to dwp.

so i took letter to doctors saying yes it was ok.

i know we have had christmas but how long does it take for them to make mind up to if i need to go in and have a assessment?

is it a good sign that they have asked to see my records or not?

Comments

• Its uncommon for them to ask anyone for anything, its usually us that have to provide any info we have.
    Does it mean anything? not sure tbh, how long will it take possibly not too long once we get over the holidays.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Asking your GP for evidence doesn't mean anything other than they've asked, but it's rare. Most people still have face to face assessments.

As they only received your form at the end of November then that's only just over 4 weeks ago. Christmas and New Year closing days on top of that, is not long at all. It could take as long as several months but expect a face to face assessment, that way it won't be too much of a shock if you do receive an appointment date.

I was reviewed back in September and it took approximately 8 weeks before i received a letter for the assessment. 2 weeks after that i received the decision letter. It really depends on backlogs and no one can really answer the question about timescales.
  • I am on ESA and had a form to fill in back in Nov to see if i need to go in to have a assessment and they got the form on Nov 29th.

on Dec 10th i got a letter from my doctor saying DWP had asked to see my medical records and if it was ok with me for them to send them to dwp.

so i took letter to doctors saying yes it was ok.

i know we have had christmas but how long does it take for them to make mind up to if i need to go in and have a assessment?

is it a good sign that they have asked to see my records or not?

Hi, sent my form back June/July had letter back from them in September with decision.

On the medical report i had the decision was made in August .

But im sure anything can change the time line but still it is nice to have some idea
  • Just a little update.

Heard nothing back from them yet.'
    '
    someway i wished i did hear something but in another way i dont so now its been about 12 weeks since they sent the form to me to be filled in.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Just a little update.

Heard nothing back from them yet.'
    '
    someway i wished i did hear something but in another way i dont so now its been about 12 weeks since they sent the form to me to be filled in.
    That's still only 7 weeks since they received it back. I know it's stressful but there's really nothing more you can do.
  • hi,similar position without the contacting GP but i filled in my form and sent of 10 weeks ago signed for,It was signed for but have heard nothing back yet

last year had the form again (yearly) and was sent/ medical/ decision all in 8 weeks,so that just shows how differrent things can be

hope that helps
  • also you have 4 weeks to fill the form, i would count from when they got it really
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure