Go Henry

Has anyone used Go Henry for kids?
It’s a Visa card that you can top up for kids, I have looked at it and it looks a little too good to be true and worried if there are any hidden costs 🤔

Comments

• I forgot to say I realise there is a monthly fee per child but I am worried about other costs
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi - I have this for my kids. You need to set up a dd to the parent account (then it's paid for within the fees) but if you wanted to 'top up' your parent account, then it costs 50p.

I've loved it, and the kids are great with them too. I think there are a couple of other similar schemes, but it's the one I've stuck with :)
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • Sea78 wrote: »
    Hi - I have this for my kids. You need to set up a dd to the parent account (then it's paid for within the fees) but if you wanted to 'top up' your parent account, then it costs 50p.

I've loved it, and the kids are great with them too. I think there are a couple of other similar schemes, but it's the one I've stuck with :)

Agreed I've been doing this for almost 2 years now for my almost teenage son there is a monthly membership of £2.50 and it costs 50p to top up but if you only do it once a month it's free it's a brilliant way to teach your kids about managing money you can have their card personalised too it will make a great gift as you can top it up beforehand you can also keep track of their earnings and spending. I've also set it up to pay my son his weekly allowance for doing chores etc. In my opinion it's brilliant and the customer services is excellent.
    LOVE isn't finding someone you can live with. It's finding someone you can't live WITHOUT :heart:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure