Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 145
    • schiff
    • By schiff 5th Oct 19, 3:17 PM
    • 18,697 Posts
    • 10,094 Thanks
    schiff
    Euros to Sterling
    I have 500 euros to cash back to . Toured a handful of banks for rates. The current guide price for 500 is 445, though I know I could never get that! The banks gave me figures around 408; I would like to do better than that. Luckily there is a family owned pawnbrokers etc in my town which does currency as a sideline! One of the banks told me I could not get a better rate anywhere locally!

Their current offer is 430; I'm not going to do better than that am I? Unless someone knows better?
    • zagfles
    • By zagfles 5th Oct 19, 3:24 PM
    • 14,633 Posts
    • 13,075 Thanks
    zagfles
    I have 500 euros to cash back to . Toured a handful of banks for rates. The current guide price for 500 is 445, though I know I could never get that! The banks gave me figures around 408; I would like to do better than that. Luckily there is a family owned pawnbrokers etc in my town which does currency as a sideline! One of the banks told me I could not get a better rate anywhere locally!

Their current offer is 430; I'm not going to do better than that am I? Unless someone knows better?
    Originally posted by schiff
    Ask around friends, family, work colleagues etc, it's almost certain that you know someone who'll be visiting the Eurozone in the near future. Trade with them and get the full 445.
    • EveryWhere
    • By EveryWhere 5th Oct 19, 3:24 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    EveryWhere

445 guide price? You've made that up.
    432 is the max you will get, unless you exchange with someone who wants them for travel.
    • schiff
    • By schiff 5th Oct 19, 3:36 PM
    • 18,697 Posts
    • 10,094 Thanks
    schiff
    445 guide price? You've made that up.
    432 is the max you will get, unless you exchange with someone who wants them for travel.
    Originally posted by EveryWhere
    https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=500&From=EUR&To=GBP

They do point out that it's a mid price and not available at that rate to the likes of us! As I mentioned.

Where can I get 432 please other than selling them privately?
    • EveryWhere
    • By EveryWhere 5th Oct 19, 4:12 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    EveryWhere
    https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=500&From=EUR&To=GBP

They do point out that it's a mid price and not available at that rate to the likes of us! As I mentioned.

Where can I get 432 please other than selling them privately?

For 2, forget about it. Take the 430 or wait for someone who wants them for a holiday.
    • traveler1
    • By traveler1 18th Oct 19, 11:59 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    traveler1
    What are cheapest months to travel to Europe, for example Bulgaria?
    With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding. (c)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

39Posts Today

2,778Users online

Martin's Twitter