P11D info on Self Assessment

Options
Hi all

I have to complete a self assessment due to Child Benefit in a £50k+ salary bracket. I've been filling it out for a few years now so very familiar with it and it's a simple task as I'm full time employed with no complexities around shares, self employment, etc, etc. So it's normally P60 info plus the child benefit figure - job done.

This year is slightly different as my company introduced a couple of benefits I now have (private medical insurance and gym membership) for which they have issued me a P11D (first time I've had one).

Where I'm struggling is that I can't find anywhere on the Gov Gateway self assessment process to enter these bits of info. The closest thing I've found is the question "Have you received any taxable benefits and expense payments from <company>?" although the accompanying notes just talk about stuff like mileage relief, so I'm not convinced that's the right place. Can anyone shed any light on where the hell I declare this measly few hundred quid?!?!?

Thanks!

Comments

• spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 October 2019 at 2:29PM
    Options
    Hi all

I have to complete a self assessment due to Child Benefit in a £50k+ salary bracket. I've been filling it out for a few years now so very familiar with it and it's a simple task as I'm full time employed with no complexities around shares, self employment, etc, etc. So it's normally P60 info plus the child benefit figure - job done.

This year is slightly different as my company introduced a couple of benefits I now have (private medical insurance and gym membership) for which they have issued me a P11D (first time I've had one).

Where I'm struggling is that I can't find anywhere on the Gov Gateway self assessment process to enter these bits of info. The closest thing I've found is the question "Have you received any taxable benefits and expense payments from <company>?" although the accompanying notes just talk about stuff like mileage relief, so I'm not convinced that's the right place. Can anyone shed any light on where the hell I declare this measly few hundred quid?!?!?

Thanks!

Thats exactly where you put it. Private medical insurance and gym memberships are a taxable benefit.

ETA If you look at the p11d you should notice it mentions the likes of mileage relief on that (although wont be filled in for you)
  • mustbesavvy
    Options
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Thats exactly where you put it. Private medical insurance and gym memberships are a taxable benefit.

ETA If you look at the p11d you should notice it mentions the likes of mileage relief on that (although wont be filled in for you)

Ahh yes - if only I looked at page one I would have seen that! Thanks for the clarification!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure