Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Finally (re-)posted some stuff on gumt. And decided some is just to go straight to the ch shop instead.

Back to the knitting...

Sometimes having the space is better than the money x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Indeed! ! !
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Another day of 15+K steps.

Another governor meeting out of the way.

I now have popping corn and a dvd for dd's Cmas eve hamper.

Didn't talk to dd about the ballet as once home from school it was get changed/ do mathletics/ do a spelling/ have a snack/ go to cheerleading.

Thinking ahead to October + challenges to go for... I may return to one where I put £1 in a pot for every exercise session, NSD, 7 veg, 15k steps, not taking the bus, no sugar or grains ...

Our rubbish output is massive this month. We sometimes fill 1 bin bag every fortmight. So far, we have filled three! Eek! So glad we are not charged prr weight/volume...
  • Today:
    - school run
    - aldee
    - plant those hyacinths
    - print out work stuff
    - bunnies
    - tidy that table
    - clean bathroom, sinks, cooker (yuk)
    - colours wash
    - change bedding
    - wash floors?
  • Today:
    - school run :T
    - aldee :T
    - plant those hyacinths
    - print out work stuff
    - bunnies :T
    - tidy that table :Tish
    - clean bathroom, sinks, cooker (yuk) :T yuk indeed!
    - colours wash :T
    - change bedding :T
    - wash floors?

Not bad.

Took myself out and about today. Did the aldee shop after the cheerleading drop and it was so lovely and quiet in there! Walked both ways. Looking at the receipt, 2 of the (very yummy) bars of chocolate cost the same as 12 large egg, or a pack of turkey or beef mince. An eye-opening realisation...

Home, unpacked and hung the washing out. Then made a double coffee and went out again to visit some charity shops. Here comes the inventory...

1 ball of multicoloured wool, mainly pinkish (50p)
    6 books for dd - all 10p each (am thinking of doing a 24 book advent thingy)
    1 knitting book for me (also 10p) and 3 crafty magazines (20p each)
    11 items of doll clothing at 10p each
    a dark pink sheet for dd's bed £1
    a make-up brush set for dd's friend + a manicure set for dd (£2.70) as presents
    a pair of plimsoles and a pair of doodles for dd to grow into (£2)
    a lovely pad of handmade paper made using cloth (£1.50)
    7 thick pieces of red and green felt (60p)
    an owl t-shirt for dd and 2 babygrows to cut up for bunnies (3 for £1)
    some bratz bits (50p)
    some more dolly clothing (£1)

I think that's it! All for under £13. Taking my own coffee kind of cancelled out the 2 bus journeys, but I also walked instead of getting 2 more buses...

I've also wonderwebbed some black trousers for work and cut out bits for 4 more bunnies.

Called my mum, who is totally on my side. Aren't mum's brilliant! Yes, it will cost us a few pennies, but I needed to do it when no-one was in.

Have also washed up and then made more cashew/cream/cream cheese fat bombs, thus creating more washing up... Oops.

Rugby is on - yay! Scotland currently leading 6-0. Dd and I are off to the circus later - soooo excited! It is lovely to do things, just her and me.
  • The circus was awesome!

Steps are over 18k - go me!

Work tomorrow- meeting re exams analysis during my 1 free period + lunch duty + appraisal meeting after school. Rather a lot...

However, dd is snoring quietly so I'll creep downstairs and catch up with dh.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    The circus was awesome!

Steps are over 18k - go me!.

so I see 😀

Whereas I didn't even make 10,000 😭
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Envious of your charity shop mooching and tremendous haul Apple!

I've been meaning to ask you if you'd like some Christmas fabric.
    I have lots from a purchase I made a couple of years ago when my business was more sewing-based, but it's been sat in a box for nearly two years and I just won't have time to use it now. It's lovely modern designs, almost scandinavian. If you have use of it then I'd be more than happy to send it to you rather than see it go to waste.

xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03/£2000 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6523.98/£15,000
  • gally - are you tootling around in the car instead of walking...? Just been on lunch duty so have added another 1k to today - only up to 6+k though... After next week the totals will drop as I'll be working more days.

MeandO - oooh, what a lovely offer! Yes please! Will pm you.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    gally - are you tootling around in the car instead of walking...? Just been on lunch duty so have added another 1k to today - only up to 6+k though... After next week the totals will drop as I'll be working more days.
    A bit of tootling but also not been to golf with Mr GG :o.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback