Useful Student Threads

Comments

• sdw_2
    sdw_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Don't forget house insurance! the average student now owns about a £1,000 worth of tech equipment
  • Thank you this is helpful. =)
    There’s only one way of life, and that’s your own!
  • Hi,

I've got a site to recommend for this sticky thread.

I used it recently to get cheap books and international calls, it's useful for student discounts:

www. foreignstudents .com - The UK Guide for Foreign, International and Overseas Students
  • Students should save money. ]We should not buy expensive clothes.
  • wow that is really cool information
  • Thanks for the great advice so far. It has helped a lot
  • expressmart
    expressmart Posts: 16 Forumite
    The obvious tips thread which I have bumped would be a useful addition to the list I think
  • Hi - not really money saving but i found this blog that helped me pull my cv tgether better, thought it wold be useful for any others looking for part time work whilst studying? http://blog.grad-central.co.uk/?p=228
  • Duken
    Duken Posts: 6 Forumite
    In regards to the best student accounts with great overdrafts, in my opinion, would be the coop student account. This is the bank that i am using and the overdraft that i recieved was £1400 with 0% interest. As long as you aren't careless, then you have the safety net of £1400.
  • Lots of places do advice on bills etc. But its all about shopping about and finding the best package to suit you. Everyone is different etc etc. Make sure you get some form of cash back as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure