EE over charging on my final bill

Options
Jetters
Jetters Posts: 69 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
Hello I am having problems with EE and Ofgem have not provided me with a solution to the difficulties I am having with them. I regurarily switch my enerigy providers each year. In October 18 I switched to Yorkshire Energy but they failed to switch me due to their own incompetance which ofgem found in my favour. However, I cancelled my DDR to EE in Oct 18 because I was switching. EE then went into administration.Despite giving EE actual readings they used grossly over estimated readings which have become the final readings for my EE account.The administrator are now chasing me for, the outstanding debt, despite the fact I have issued the readings and the calculations for the final bill ( which I am able to calculate) which is for £393 EE are still chasing me for an over estimated bill for nearly twice this amount at £700! despite my attempts to relay my message and I have in writing from an EE employee to ignore the debt collection company until they can sort this out I am still being chased and harassed by Allied international for this mis-calculated final bill. I have agreed with EE I owe £393 and I am willing to pay but they are ignoring my e-mails.I do not believe that the administrators can collect on mis-calculated charges! I have provided from my current supplier the opening meter readings to EE but they are just ignoring me. What else can I do? Who is going to listen and how many other former customers of EE are being over charged for bills that are not correct and chased by debt collectors!
Any help out there would be much appreciated!:(

Comments

• Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What happened next after you cancelled the switch to YE?
  • Jetters
    Options
    Talldave wrote: »
    What happened next after you cancelled the switch to YE?
    HiTalldave
    Well what happened was YE failed to switch me back in Nov 18 and didn't switch me over until Jan 19(my current Provider) which meant my fixed account with EE became variable for Dec and Jan 19. Because I cancelled the direct debit in Oct 18 EE didn't chase because they were going into administration! however when EE finally got round to issue the final bill in Jun 19 they calculated the bill on a grossly over estimated units G1529 units when actual is 849 and E 6564 when actual is 5757. So as you can see EE are calculating the bill on almost twice the units used on the gas and 807 units more on elect. I am not happy to pay EE nearly £700 when the actual should be £400appx! I have also provided EE an opening read from YE and they still are not providing an accurate bill! As I stated prviously I have been in contact with EE and have received in writing to ignore the bailiffs but they still keep chasing. It would seem no one is listening! Hope this clarifies:)
  • Jetters
    Options
    Hi can anyone help and offer advice on what to do next?
    Your help is always appreciated:)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 August 2019 at 3:39PM
    Options
    If you did not move away until Jan 19 what have Scottish Power said on the matter as they were responsible for accounts and energy used from 25th November ?

You also need a clear breakdown of dates and meter reads to clearly show who is owed for what.

As to the debt collectors WRITE to them enclosing a copy of the written communication from EE stating that the debt is now being handled by EE.
  • Jetters
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    If you did not move away until Jan 19 what have Scottish Power said on the matter as they were responsible for accounts and energy used from 25th November ?
    You also need a clear breakdown of dates and meter reads to clearly show who is owed for what.
    As to the debt collectors WRITE to them enclosing a copy of the written communication from EE stating that the debt is now being handled by EE.

Hi Molerat thanks for your comments. I think I need to clarify: I'm not or ever have been with Scottish Power only EE and YE. I do have all dates and readings. I check my charges each month as so many energy providers get the charges wrong.
    Account with EE should have stopped in Nov 18 with YE taking over at that time, they didn't, so I was still with EE until Jan19.Then switched to new provider in Jan19 to date which is with YE. I can prove the opening readings for YE which are the closing readings with EE. However the debt collectors for EE are ignoring my dispute and are still chasing me for their over estimated charges. I have been in contact with the debt collector last week explained the situation they said they would get back to me after speaking with EE and yesterday received a letter from debt collector for the over estimated charges!!! :)
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All the time that the debt is in dispute, have nothing to do with the debt collection agency. Simply tell them to refer the matter back to EE. You might also want to remind them of the Protection from Harassment Act.

It is a criminal offence to cause harassment to another person, and conviction can result in up to 6 months in jail. You can also seek civil penalties.

(1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—

(a)which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.
    (The wording is different in Scotland.)
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ectophile wrote: »
    You might also want to remind them of the Protection from Harassment Act.
    That works a treat (together with Withdrawal of Implied Right of Access) if you don't need a TV licence but Capita keep sending ever more threatening nastygrams about sending the boys round ! :)
  • Jetters
    Options
    Hi Guys and Gals update on my issue with EE received an apology letter from the bailiffs (Allied Int) today WAHOO! after I sent them the e-mail trail of the situation with EE and they have now put me on hold until investigations have taken place.Good progress I feel. Thanks for all your advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure