Stash Busting 2019 - I WILL use my mountains of craft stash before buying more!

Comments

• nimbo wrote: »
    I have found the feet. Yay. (Replacements would have been expensive).

I am posting so the next time I loose them I have a good fonfinding them. They are now in the drawer is my sewing table. Whooo whoop. I can change my sewing needle and can also change the stitch.

I hope you’ve all been productive. ��

So glad that you found your sewing machine bits. I am still gutted that I must have accidentally thrown out/donated to charity all of my knitting and crochet needles!

This weekend I sorted through my ink pads and rubber stamps. A reminder that I need to stop bargain shopping. Very little of what I have is what I actually wanted. It was bought because it was on sale somewhere. If I added up all the money that I have spent on 'bargains' I could easily have purchased the stamps that I really love but never buy because they are 'too expensive'.
    As for the ink pads. Some are at least ten years old and drying up. Some are colours that I am not fond of. So I have donated or binned them.

I have also sorted through my black pen collection. Let's just say there was an embarrassment of pens so I have thinned them down considerably!

Hope everyone is enjoying an arty crafty weekend!

I have actually gone over my initial target of 200 items so will amend the total to 300. So I am now at 230/300
    Stashbusting 2019 - 230/300
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I won some stickers in an instagram competition! I am very excited but feel the need to 'admit' it! Still not bought anything I promise!
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Chirpy cheap -
    Congratulations on thinning out the pens. It’s a never ending task. I’m so pleased that I have sorted mine out a lot.

Pony pal -
    Also congratulations on winning the stickers.

I have not finished anything today boo. Still floating that I have found the sewing machine bits.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • rosie51
    rosie51 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Used up 6 scrap fabric pieces as started another quilt. Total todate is 10/150.
    Having a clear out again of craft magazines and books, however as usual most will end up back in my stash. I hate parting with stuff.Not doing much crafting at the moment i am waiting for an operation on my eye.
    Happy crafting one and all.
    2020 Stash makes/destash 61/150
  • emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Well done nimbo on getting a replacement! Always worth giving it a good go.

I have made one more birthday card, and sent them both off today. I still haven't seen the teething pad up yet though!
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • Very slow movement of stash here. Haven't picked up my knitting for nearly a week so must force myself to get on and finish OHs pullover. Must also do a bit more of my patchwork. It's nearly at the stage of quilting but again I have little motivation. Need a kick up the proverbial.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well at work I started a new notebook rather than finish off an old one. That’s obviously going well. Not.

I’ve received confirmation that the trimmer should arrive in 8 days. We’ll see.

I’m off tomorrow and am hoping to get a load of washing done and sheets changed etc.

I’ve forgotton my work laptop charger so will be limited to how much work I can do over my long weekend. Yay.

I want to focus on one craft task tomorrow. It would be amazing to get one thing completed - at least.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • emsi_b
    I made two cards out of a pack I've had for years today- little man went to bed so I cracked on whilst hubby watched the rugby. Lots of babies expected this year, so these two cards will get used, rather than sitting in my made box until I clear them out to a charity.

Minor fall off the wagon- I told hubby he can pay for a craft class for me for my birthday, and the option nearest our budget comes with some of the bits to keep... whoops!

• I went to my monthly craft club today. I really struggled to get going but made 6 cards. I also used a few of the club dies to cut bits out to make some more cards another time.
  • emsi_b
    I fell off the wagon again (and had a serious word with myself)- aldi had some fat quarters in, and some disney ones at that. I'd looked at buying some fabric last year to make my little man a quilt with and thought it'd cost too much- it was 4.99 for a bundle which I thought was more my budget. That said, I've got 3 sewing projects to finish first so shouldn't have bought it :(
    It gave me the motivation to get on a bit more though. I've cut out the weaning face clothes, so now I just need to get on with hemming everything I've cut out! I've been practicing with my rotary cutter, and so much easier than scissors! My work looks much neater already.
    I've also started hubby's anniversary card. It's our second, so doing a little cross stitch design to put on a card I've already made.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills