Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    10_66 wrote: »
    Previous years' issues have permitted you to change the standing order date after (at least) the second standing order payment has been made (so effectively after the third payment). I've had a look at the terms and conditions of it for this year and can't find this statement anymore. Does anyone know for sure if they've changed it so that it can no longer be done? I would ask them, but find that they don't always give accurate information :undecided

The terms seem pretty clear to me.
    After the first payment into the account you must make 11 more payments on the same date each month by standing order from a qualifying current account.
    (bolding mine)
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    The terms seem pretty clear to me.

Quote:
    After the first payment into the account you must make 11 more payments on the same date each month by standing order from a qualifying current account.

Yes, that's what I mean, I can't find what they have previously stated, that is that you could change the standing order date after the second standing order payment had been taken (which would be the third payment). The above statement would suggest that you can no longer do that.
  • nomorekids
    nomorekids Posts: 413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    :( sad times ahead

Norwich and Peterborough Family and E Family, that gave us opportunity to squirrel away monthly £250 each at 3.5% are slashing rates to 0.85% and taking away bonus from 7/8th July.

:( I ll be closing mine
    If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids ;)
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,081 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    10_66 wrote: »
    Yes, that's what I mean, I can't find what they have previously stated, that is that you could change the standing order date after the second standing order payment had been taken (which would be the third payment). The above statement would suggest that you can no longer do that.

Was the same previously as well :rotfl:( Couldnt change date or at least when I asked approx 2 years ago that is what I was told)
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Was the same previously as well :rotfl:( Couldnt change date or at least when I asked approx 2 years ago that is what I was told)

Lol, that's what I mean when I said contacting them isn't very reliable as they don't give correct information. You could definitely change dates previously (their T&C's stated you could change date after second standing order had been taken), I've done so for a few years' now. But it appears their T&C's have now changed.
  • SephirothX
    SephirothX Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I don't really want to start a new thread for this question so I'll post here.

I have just gone through the switching process to First Direct before the £125 cash incentive finishes and I'll be closing my Santander 123 Lite account as part of the process.

My current Santander regular saver is due to finish in 3 days, but my switch date is set for May 22nd. I am just wondering what would happen to my regular saver when my Santander 123 account is closed? Like will I be able to set up a new regular saver in 3 days time and continue using it after closing the current account? IE fund it from another bank.
  • escapee
    escapee Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    SephirothX wrote: »
    I don't really want to start a new thread for this question so I'll post here.

I have just gone through the switching process to First Direct before the £125 cash incentive finishes and I'll be closing my Santander 123 Lite account as part of the process.

My current Santander regular saver is due to finish in 3 days, but my switch date is set for May 22nd. I am just wondering what would happen to my regular saver when my Santander 123 account is closed? Like will I be able to set up a new regular saver in 3 days time and continue using it after closing the current account? IE fund it from another bank.

To hold a Regular Saver with Santander, you must be part of their 123 world. Either hold a 123 Standard Current Account, a 123 Lite Current Account or a 123 Credit Card. If you no longer have any of these, you will be unable to open a new Regular Saver.

If you open a Regular Saver product shortly before switching away, the account will be automatically closed by Santander.

I've just done the pretty much the same thing, I'm awaiting my welcome pack from First Direct after returning their request for a sample signature. I'm hoping I can open the FD Regular Saver and fund it before my switch is complete as mine isn't until the beginning of June.
  • yogg
    yogg Posts: 5 Forumite
    thanks guy's for all the time and effort put into this incredibly useful guide.
    regards,
    yogg.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    escapee wrote: »
    To hold a Regular Saver with Santander, you must be part of their 123 world. Either hold a 123 Standard Current Account, a 123 Lite Current Account or a 123 Credit Card. If you no longer have any of these, you will be unable to open a new Regular Saver.
    You can have the Santander RS at 3% without any 123 account.

To get 5% on the reg saver you must be part of the 123 world.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    soulsaver wrote: »
    You can have the Santander RS at 3% without any 123 account.

To get 5% on the reg saver you must be part of the 123 world.

Can you have both, simultaneously?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport