Reclaim CPP article discussion

Hi!

This is the discussion thread for the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks folks :),

Comments

• This might not be the right place for this question, please feel free to move it if that's the case.

I believe that both my husband and I were mis-sold the CPP policies, but I can only access the statments for the last year online. I believe that I can ask for statements going back 6 years, but that I will have to pay for each statement.

If I'm not sure when the policy would have started, then it could cost a fortune.

Do you have any advice?
  • Hi All

I had a policy pre 2005 and I have the policy number on a CPP sticker inside an old diary, however, I cannot remember who sold it to me.

Anyone know if I can I trace the policy number back to the seller somehow?

I'd appreciate any help you can offer!
  • Hi All

I had a policy pre 2005 and I have the policy number on a CPP sticker inside an old diary, however, I cannot remember who sold it to me.

Anyone know if I can I trace the policy number back to the seller somehow?

I'd appreciate any help you can offer!

I'm pretty sure that if you phone CPP they'll either tell you on the phone, or open a complaint for you and investigate their records, which will end up with them writing to you with the details of where/when you were sold the policy. Might be a good place to start?
  • Back in March I called CPP to open a complaint of misselling.

The original policy was sold via a credit card company in 2003, but I cancelled that straight away. I was sent a letter by CPP confirming the cancellation and telling me how they can protect me from fraudulent use of my credit/debit cards in future - they even said how "costly" it can be if a thief were to use my card! Pretty sure that's what they've been told was misselling!!

I then had my bag stolen abroad in 2004, and with CPP's words ringing in my ears, I phoned them up. They said I had to open a policy there and then and they would take care of everything. Phew, relief, no? I had the policy since then, until finding out about the protection I automatically had from my bank/credit card company (yes, I felt like aniidiot).

CPP, however, linked the two clearly distinct policies and palmed me off to the credit card company who, rightly, said I'd cancelled that policy and wasn't eligible for any reclaim. CPP refused to look at my evidence setting out the two different policies.

I've now called the FSO who is sending a claim form to me for their assessment of my claim. Because the policy was sold pre-2005 I can still do it this way, if it had been post-2005 I would have had to use the redress scheme.

Watch this space!
  • I bought CPP in February 2003 on my banks advice/recommendation. I haven't seen any mention of the Yorkshire Bank. What do I do? I still have a policy, do I cancel and how do I start a claim off? I thought I was getting all singing,all dancing protection. Any help gratefully received.
  • I have had CPP Identity Protection since 2009 and it is still active.

If I cancel this now will this impact my ability to make a claim?

My late husband also had the same cover which I cancelled in June following his death in May. I paid for this annually from my bank account so will I be able to claim against this too?
  • I have had card protection including a doorkey return facility in case of loss, for a number of years, quite possibly pre-dating 2005. I can't now remember if this was through a credit card or by direct contact with CPP. I renewed my annual subscription not long ago and it does not seem worth cancelling it in view of this claim, but I will not be renewing it. As per the previous question, will this make any ndifference?

Will this make any difference to any claim that may be forthcoming and will I receive any refund from before 2005?

Thanks.
  • Hi

I have received the letter 1 explaining the scheme but to be honest i didn't realise this was something i had. I do have some vague memory of a sticker on one of my new cards but thats about it. I don't believe i have any paperwork that relates to this either. Do i need to dind all these details to be included or can i assume that as i have been sent the letter i am eligable and don't need to ask my bank for statements so i can try and find a cpp payment?
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I had the same letter just a few days ago, they are saying that they will be on contact again within around 12 weeks and need to do nothing at the moment. I remember having one, for loss of keys, etc but its all very vague, I will just wait and see.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • I got cpp though alliance and Leicester who got taken over by Santander will I still be able to claim money back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure