The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Comments

• SarahLiz_2
    SarahLiz_2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 15 August 2013 at 3:37PM
    Thanks - It was Samair who flew us in the end.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Well if Sam Air they are Slovakian but in the EU however contact is going to be difficult. Really you should start your claim against them - don't suppose you still know the flight number?
  • Yes I kept the boarding card. Flight number: CCS3036. So I should start with them even though they were drafted in at the last minute?
    Thanks
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    SarahLiz wrote: »
    Yes I kept the boarding card. Flight number: CCS3036. So I should start with them even though they were drafted in at the last minute?

Yes but I fear you are going to struggle due to their geographical location. I am sure you are correct with your Sam Air substitution however CCS is an unusual designation for that airline.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,841
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    This may be a difficult case, you had no apparent contract with Sam Air(absolutely never heard of them before and I have been in the business for 25 years) and they will say there was no delay because they hadn't intended flying that flight anyway. According to the fount of all knowledge Wikipedia they have one plane! This sounds like a complete
    up by Olympic Holidays. They are not liable for compensation under EU261 as they are not a carrier but there may well be a breach of the Package Travel Regulations for which they are liable. Good luck, you may need it!
  • Thanks for your help. That's exactly what I feared - It's not Sam Air's fault (and yes they do have one plane which rattled quite a lot and was suggested to be held together by duct tape by fellow passengers!). They filled the gap where a plane was needed at short notice and once it was scheduled, it was only half an hour late. Small Planet will claim it was nothing to do with them as they weren't chartered in the first place. Olympic....well, I don't hold out much hope! I'll give it a go anyway - there's always bbc watchdog!
    Really appreciate people taking the time to offer opinions and suggestions. Thanks!
  • Small Planet delayed flights P7 371 on 26/05/2013 and P7 372 02/06/2013

I am writing regarding delayed flights P7 371 and P7 372:

Outbound flight P7 371 on 26/05/2013 from London Gatwick to Las Palmas, Gran Canariawith the scheduled departure time of 13:50hrs.This flight arrived 12.5 hours late at Las Palmas, Gran Canaria.

Also return flight P7 372 on 02/06/2013 from Las Palmas, Gran Canaria to London Gatwickwith the scheduled departure time of 18:50hrs.This flight arrived 22 hours late at London Gatwick.

Anyone had any luck or any further information regarding the above flights, Small Planet have refused my claim due to "extraordinary circumstances", however, I have been informed by other people that various excuses have been given. I have now sent my claim to the CAA but still have to send to the Spanish authority.

Thanks
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Goldy62 wrote: »
    I have now sent my claim to the CAA but still have to send to the Spanish authority.

CAA a waste of time and unfortunately Spanish NEB ineffective. You have done well to get a response from Small Planet, most haven't. May help others if you advise whether you used Lithuanian address or Polish one. Your flight prefix seems to suggest Polish registered planes were used.
  • I flew from Manchester to Prague with Jet2 last month (July 14th), and initially the flight was shown as a 1-hour delay for a 'technical issue' with the plane, but they couldn't fix it, so we then had another 2:30 delay for another plane to arrive, and further delays while they reassigned seats (bigger plane). Even when we were on the plane, somoeone decided they didn't want to fly, so everybody else had to identify their bags before we could go.. 4 hours in all! Jet2 gave us a £3 voucher, but you can't buy much at the airport for £3.. a burger costs at least £2, and so does a cup of tea! (even a bottle of water is £1.50!!)
    The voucher listed places you could use it, but I only found a few..
    By the time I got to Prague, everything was closed; I had to buy a drink from a machine to get some change for the bus ticket machine, and missed the last bus to the nearest metro. I got a different one, but by the time I got into the city centre, the last metro to where I was staying had gone. I found a night bus, but it was nearly 2a.m. by the time I got to my hotel. £3 just seems inadequate..
    I've used the same route for 3 return trips now, and usually the only problem is the queue for 'baggage drop-off' (check-in)..
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I flew from Manchester to Prague with Jet2 last month (July 14th), and initially the flight was shown as a 1-hour delay for a 'technical issue' with the plane, but they couldn't fix it, so we then had another 2:30 delay for another plane to arrive, and further delays while they reassigned seats (bigger plane). Even when we were on the plane, somoeone decided they didn't want to fly, so everybody else had to identify their bags before we could go.. 4 hours in all! Jet2 gave us a £3 voucher, but you can't buy much at the airport for £3.. a burger costs at least £2, and so does a cup of tea! (even a bottle of water is £1.50!!)
    The voucher listed places you could use it, but I only found a few..
    By the time I got to Prague, everything was closed; I had to buy a drink from a machine to get some change for the bus ticket machine, and missed the last bus to the nearest metro. I got a different one, but by the time I got into the city centre, the last metro to where I was staying had gone. I found a night bus, but it was nearly 2a.m. by the time I got to my hotel. £3 just seems inadequate..
    I've used the same route for 3 return trips now, and usually the only problem is the queue for 'baggage drop-off' (check-in)..

assuming your flight arrived more than 3 hours after the scheduled time, start on the FAQs on the Jet2 thread and then read and post on there if you still have an unanswered question
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback